How'd You Find This Site?

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
I found this site through a link on another forum. I'm still unpublished myself -- in fact, I haven't yet finished anything, and I'm still trying to figure out how I work -- but I thought this would be a good place to hang around and see how everyone else does it.

Kylin, I have seen it happen at times, rarely, but hopefully, for the most part, not. I think it sometimes depends on the person. =P

Kylin

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I figure that on a forum with 54,718 members, there's bound to be some less-than-pleasant people in the mix. Good to know that it seems pretty rare, though!

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Hopefully. :) I'm pretty new here myself, and I don't yet have anything I want critiqued, so we'll see! At least I'll be able to practice my own critiquing skills (er...or lack thereof >_>). Anyway, I didn't intend to clog up this thread with off-topic stuff.

*Heads off to biomechanical growth tank to see how the development of my genetically engineered cybernetically enhanced thick skin is going*

Sir Charles

Registered
Reaction score
The international best-selling runaway success, known as Google.

In particular I was searching for an answer to this question but still didn't find it, so have asked it here in the hope that somehow, humanity can come together and form, if you will, a 'crowd-sourced' answer of sorts not unlike the situation to which an unsatisfying answer of '42' was given in Douglas Adams's The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy novel.

Charles

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
I was researching agents. This site kept coming up in the Google results. Then I found it referenced on other sites as a good resource. I ended up reading these forums just about daily so I decided to join in.

hawaiiansugar3

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking up how to query agents and a bunch of other things related to writing. This website appeared in every search I did so I decided to check it out and joined.

TahitiaF

Tahitia Foggie
Registered
Reaction score
Like someone else said by accident, but I am glad I stumbled upon it. I had been looking for some time to join a writers group, no luck until I found AW.

Gene Legend

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I found the site through r/writing on Reddit. Since they moved the critiquing to a singular weekly thread it just hasn't been the same. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and looking forward to the give and take. Cheers!

Olivera

Olivera
Registered
Reaction score
I was checking out agents and publishers at excellent website for newbies called preditors and editors.
pred-ed.com

Christabelle

Registered
Reaction score
I found it on the YA Highway FB page. Also, a few weeks before, I was searching for something involving characterization and ended up here. I never thought I would join. :)

Tempest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bloodonmytypewriter.blogspot.com
I found this site while googling information on queries... Hehehe after exploring the query section here, I can honestly say it was the prize gem in the google treasurebox.

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
Like a few others, I discovered this site through a Writer's Digest article, which I in turn discovered through an author's website--I wish I could remember which one. Either way, happy to have discovered it! :)

Black Cat Hamlet

Registered
Reaction score
Was looking for ways in which someone could be knocked out with drugs (settled for something called Ambien for now though it could change depending on how realistic it is in the story) and came across a similar question on this site

GingerLy

Registered
Reaction score
A friend told me about this site years ago, in a chat about looking for agents and avoiding scammers.

TopHat

Rackin' up library fines.
Registered
Reaction score
I typed in "best forum for writers" into google, and, coincidentally, this was the first result.

It's robust enough that I don't really need any other website.

joliver

Registered
Reaction score
How I found this site!

Hi Everyone,

I found this site looking for information about self-publishing. I thought writing was difficult. Boy was I wrong! Getting it published is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. Luckily I found this site, and I am hopeful to have a lot of help from all you wonderful people!

Thanks in advance.

morrighan

Always writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lizmadridauthor.com
How I Found AW

A search for how many stitches required for a head wound got me to this site, and I've been here for the last hour, and probably so many hours after this :)

Such a trove of information and so happy I found it!

DTora

Registered
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I first heard of this site, but I think it may have been at a Star Trek convention.

SanDraS

Registered
Reaction score
Finding this site

Actually a friend recommended on her blog that everyone join this site. She's a good writer and I follow her blog. She writers, she plays nearly every instrument, sings, composes and works (teaching.) She's a genius, good inspiration and I'm old enough to be her mother. She posts some of her Water Cooler entries on her blog.

I was determined to be a writer since the age of five. I finally published a book of flash fiction which sold out (all 100 copies--it had a great cover.) And then a poetry book that didn't sell. I started giving copies away as birthday and Christmas gifts. It was hard work marketing. Didn't like it. Book signings a disappointment.

I was in a great writers organization for years and even served on the board for awhile. I met a bunch of really good and professional writers which I'd always wanted to do. Meeting writers was like some people want to meet movie stars or athletes. The org. gave me a great education in writing, got me into a close group of friends, taught me to talk and participate in big meetings.

I've written 3 novels but never finished them. Once I hit retirement age I realized I'd never break into the publishing field. Gave up on the rewriting and submitting.

I write for enjoyment. And sanity. I do two blogs, am active on some online groups, and facebook. :D

There is no writing "job" that is too small.

Sandy S

migukin

Registered
Reaction score
I found out about it through an anonymous chat with someone on Omegle. It's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I hope to become an active member in the days ahead.