Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh there's a song called 'Circadian' by David Cook.
The chorus goes:

Mayday
Somebody save me now
I’m cutting all ties
From the world outside
‘Cause it’s over my head
It’s all coming undone
And falling apart somehow
I’m closing my eyes
‘Cause once the sun rises
It’s out of my hands
Oh it’s out of my hands

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Sweet!!

Freddie Highmore is on my screen again. Freakouttttt

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
So does that work, or not? I mean... yeah, fine if it doesn't. I'm like... on a mission. haha

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It fits Carla, probably at the end. Maybe the middle.

ETA: God, I love music TV for finding new music.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
HR, you can use the Brittany avvie!

brittunicorn.jpg

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Hullo for the day. Still trying to relax more from yesterday so I can actually write. As such, I am reading my favorite manga. It helps.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh those glee pictures are off putting. lol. So how is everyone today? I'm STAAAARVING!... but my dentist said i cant eat/drink anything for half hour (well it's been almost an hour since i saw him, but i'm still wary) :/

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh those glee pictures are off putting. lol. So how is everyone today? I'm STAAAARVING!... but my dentist said i cant eat/drink anything for half hour (well it's been almost an hour since i saw him, but i'm still wary) :/

Was it because of the fluoride? *makes icky face*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Debating whether or not to do a summary of the plot - as it is in my head - of Underdogs in the notebook, if I ever get round to plotting later.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Was it because of the fluoride? *makes icky face*

It was some stuff he coated on my tooth to help the sensitivity or something. I have to go back next week for a filling replacement -.-
Thankfully i can eat now. :)

Although, granted, a KitKat isn't the healthiest option. haha

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I think I will do a summary. Just to help me keep track. And then do scenes in bullet point form - with notes.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ari, you do a summary don't you?

If yes, do you do anything else in terms of plotting like notes? I'm not sure what to do... lol.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I write something like a very basic, crap-tastic query. This is the one for Lifelike:

When Zephyr goes out for his typical afternoon flight, the last thing he expects to discover is a new island in the sky.

The harpy is compelled to visit the island only by two small fairies running off with the flute he can't play. There he meets Aeries, a young man who runs on winding, just like a clock. He finds out the same applies to the fairies and in fact to most of the island's population. These Clockworks belong to Corinthe, a collector of fine things. Created with no capacity for physical pain and little emotion, the Clockworks exist only to entertain Corinthe.

At Corinthe's invitation, Zephyr continues visiting the island. The collector is obviously fascinated by Zephyr being the only male of his kind, while the harpy is more interested in spending time with Aeries, teaching him about living and learning a few things along the way himself. Soon though, it becomes clear that Corinthe is more interested in Zephyr than his Clockworks, and he doesn't keep things that no longer interest him.

And then I do a pretty full outline. It doesn't go scene-by-scene 100%, but it includes a lot of them and is in synopsis format. For example, the first paragraph out of Lifelike's outline:

The novel opens with ZEPHYR discovering CORINTHE'S island in the sky. He comments that he's never seen it before, to which CYRES says she hasn't seen it either. The pixie says that something about the island makes her uneasy. Zephyr sees a silhouette on the island and wants to go greet whoever it is, but Cyres insists they leave and makes him agree to not go back there again.

So I have a full scene written there, but then I'll have sections that basically say "he keeps visiting the island, blah blah blah".

ETA: Oh, and some parts of the outline get REALLY detailed. Like if I can already see part of the scene and know some of the dialogue, I'll stuff that in there so I don't forget it by time I get back to the scene.

Last edited:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh. I know. I could copy the blurb, and then write a synopsis type thing for each of the important scenes - probably as I write if I'm stuck on the plotting - and maybe the other scenes if they come to me (if that happens, the important scenes will have stickers or some sort of marker next to them).

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
That'll work.

I just really love doing the long synopsis outlines. They get me seriously pumped up for writing the book. I mean, writing the one for Seahome led me to fall totally in love with the antagonist there.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
And it's good pratice for writing the real thing at the query stage.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
ELU! *tacklehug*

How is everyone this fine morning/afternoon/whatever?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Going out with friends in a half hour, which will yet again keep me from writing. Oh well, I'll write when I get back (whenever that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.