• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The DRS Agency (David R. Shepherd)

SAV

Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
First off, "fiction novel" is redundant. A novel by definition is fiction.

Second, don't pay for critiques. Besides, if an agent can't trust his own judgment about whether a manuscript is ready or not, then he's definitely not qualified to be an agent.

Glad you asked some of the right questions and got away cleanly.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am a new writer trying to get my biblical fiction novel published. I just ran into an agent that I thought I would make a note about. It is David R Shepherd of The DRS Agency in Tennessee. He asked if I would be willing to spend money on a fiction critique. -$4-500.00. he has a friend that he could recommend whose opinion he trusts. Also I would need to get a website. And surprise he has another friend who could help with that.
When I asked who his current author's were and what projects he has sold he suddenly disappeared. Very interesting.
Just thought I would make a note of my experience
Sounds like you have a good understanding of Yog's Law: Money flows *to* the author. Glad you knew what he was pushing was *not* a good deal!

Oh, and welcome to AW! There are lots of good discussions going on you might want to check out...there's much good writing info as well as the warning info :).

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Breaking out from Agents Charging Fees thread.

I'm not finding any website for the agency, so here's his LinkedIn page. Note his involvement with New Vantage Publishing Partners, a "custom publishing" operation.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No activity after '15. Anyone have recent contact?

Nothing for New Vantage after '17, either.