Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I got my confirmation.

*checks watch*

you guys done with the voting and critique yet?

*Runs and hides*

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Everything is off to the judges and the waiting has begun. It's up to the judges now.

Good luck to all those who entered. I can't wait to see the results. Our final judge will get the finalists' stories at the end of this month, and make her decision on the top three after reading the stories.

Again, Good Luck hounds and fiends.

sheilas_world

digging in my word garden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
newsfromsheilasworld.blogspot.com
Hooray!

Everything is off to the judges and the waiting has begun. It's up to the judges now.

Good luck to all those who entered. I can't wait to see the results. Our final judge will get the finalists' stories at the end of this month, and make her decision on the top three after reading the stories.

Again, Good Luck hounds and fiends.

:hooray:

:::checks bank balance for possible large bribe...urp, no, that's not gonna happen::: :idea:

But in all seriousness, good luck to everybody who entered -- I know there's going to be some tough competition!

And thanks to Effie and the judges for all their work.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck all, I know many of you put a lot of work into this. Wishing you all the best of luck. :)

Thank you Effie, Haggis, judges, and Black Label Books--and to all who donated prizes.

Last edited:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is curious, but I was wondering on how many entries there were, I like to know my odds. 0 to 20, 0 to 200? If Effie or undead doggie would like to share that info....please. :)

ETA: and are we allowed to know who the mystery judge is? just curious. not sending bribes or nothing. nope. :D

Last edited:

sheilas_world

digging in my word garden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
newsfromsheilasworld.blogspot.com
Aww, bluntforcetrauma, that's sweet! :Hug2: I was actually being more of a smart ass, though, so no need to worry. (Too much OTC meds + deadline = OOOPS!)

I'd like to know how many entered, also, if it wouldn't be nosy or -- oh, heck, even if it is nosy. :D

And I forgot to thank Haggis-of-the-Scary-Little-Dog, Black Label Books and the other fine people who donated prizes. You guys are awesome, if no one has told you that already.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, thanks, but this is Effie's contest and she's doing all the work here. Thank the judges and the donors too, but the Chihuey didn't do squat on this one. :)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*hugs and squeezes undead doggie anyway*

*starts thinking about BBQ*

Last edited:

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, so long as they like being bribed in body parts, I'm all for it.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else is curious, but I was wondering on how many entries there were, I like to know my odds. 0 to 20, 0 to 200? If Effie or undead doggie would like to share that info....please. :)

ETA: and are we allowed to know who the mystery judge is? just curious. not sending bribes or nothing. nope. :D

um...no one answered me 'cause they were too busy denying who did what for the contest. :D I think you've all done a wonderful job. And I thank you for your time and work you've put into it. ;)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
NINE? Oh, wow. I expected it to be a lot more than that.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Effie, 0 to 9 are much better odds than I had imagined. :D You put this whole thing together and made it possible. So, the props to you, too. But I'll take a little props--it was a lot of work and hair pulling out. :D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you on this, NF -- Effie gets mad props. Maybe a fake leg or something. Stage blood? Stage blood is always a good prop.

Thanks though, Effie, for putting this together.

And NF -- pfff, your odds are much better than that. 2/9 at the very least, because I submitted too.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
oooh, protoplasmic blaster sounds nice. Imagine all the damage I could do with that. :D I'll slime the hounds.(carefully missing the judges, of course)

Bri, you have a wild imagination, I'm sure your story will be a hit with the judges. :)

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
NINE? Oh, wow. I expected it to be a lot more than that.

You have to really think about that, though. How many people bother with novellas at all? The most common story lengths are short story and novel length. Writers tend to think just in those length sets. I'm sure many people tried and just couldn't make it work in the time I gave them. Novellas aren't easy for all writers - and really, if they come too easy then there's an issue with the writing. If you're practiced in writing novels or shorties, then writing something in between is actually more difficult than it sounds because the writerly part of the brain doesn't work that way.

But I think the time for novellas is coming. Especially with the ebook market. Which is exactly why i made this year's wc length what I did. 9 is more than what I expected, actually. I expected perhaps 6-7 entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.