How'd You Find This Site?

amystone

Hello! I'm a member of a couple of other writer sites and I heard on one of those. Looks like a great community!

Amy

Minx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.knicksnknacks.bravehost.com
Hello there! I found this site doing a search on Google and even though I'm new I totally love it. The only thing is I can't for some reason or other figure out how to post a reply on the newbie forum and introduce myself. What a thing hmmm?

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling Publish America for a friend and found a thread with some great info!

PenelopeL

I found the site through a screenwriter/producer website: Inktip.com. "Absolute Markets" is advertised on that site. Although this is my first post, I've read a lot here and found the information to be extremely interesting and helpful. Thanks for that!!

writingmom

Happy To Be !
Registered
Reaction score
My Story

I was on AOL, because someone told me that there was a writers group on there and that would be helpful to my writing. However this was not the place I wanted to be and some of them were leaving others nasty comments for others, it wasn't nice. Someone out of the clouds, when I had asked about where to find a writers group mentioned A-W, it was a revelation and since I have been a loyal fan ! I don't post very often, but I feel the info and the connections here are wonderful. I would love to find a place where we could interact in person, but the only place I know as of yet are places like Barnes and Nobile or Borders, if any of you know somewhere out ther like A-W, (but I believe that is impossible) please share ! Oh I'm out in S.J. about 40 miles from S.F. Thanks :D

MLindley

Googled Howard Morhaim and liked what I read. Hope to learn something.

Snowberry

Registered
Reaction score
A couple of years back, a friend forwarded me a copy of Jenna's newletter (as it was back then), and I was hooked, but it took me the longest time to join the forums, because I wasn't writing all that much. Now my pen-hand is back, and the engine's revving :Sun:

nonnie

How I found this site

I did a search for articles wanted. This was the first site to come up.

wood pixie

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering through fiction to look for the truth buried beneath all the lies ....

Oh, wait no! That's the song by Goo Goo Dolls.

I was just looking around for another writer forum ... and there you were!

So, I wandered in.

wood pixie

Registered
Reaction score
And I see some familiar names in here .... well, hello!

Justise

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing some research for some tips on book writing and how to go about getting publised. I think the keyword that helped me find this site was writing forums.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site via Writer Beware, which in turn I had found during a general search for discussions of reputable and disreputable agents.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
Doing some research in to photo.com, I felt like they were a scam, etc. I was right!! Thanks to AW members for posting a thread about it!

streamwriting

Hi. I'm from the UK and found this site through the links page on NAWG, the National Association of Writer's Groups (mostly groups in the UK). Haven't had a chance to look at every page on this site yet, pretty exhaustive....but all looks friendly and inviting. Which I like! I'm not brave enough to introduce myself full on the newbie page, perhaps cos I'm English and have some form of inherited national shyness.... I both write and teach writing. I've just completed my first novel, hurrah, and I work with lots of other budding writers who want to get into print. It's great to see the variety of writers on this forum and I look forward to meeting some of you properly. If anyone wants to 'check me out' you can find me on www.streamwriting.com though I'll pop up here again for sure. Thanks.

Lucrezia Magazine

Hi, I'm a newbie (and can't believe that it took me so long), and found the site on Google when I was browsing for submission calls.

BL_Garver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This place was suggested to me by a fellow member of the Jim Butcher Boards in the Author Craft section. I was looking for some readers to give me feedback on my work. She says she's a moderator here at the Water Cooler, but I'm not sure what her WC name is.

Again, thanks for the tip! You know who you are. ;)

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm a total newbie. I'm back online after about four years and happened to see some talk on Craig's List. Glad to meet everyone.

Kerr

DonnaDuck

My Worlds Are Building
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginewrite.net
Hello! I found this site by my friend Tori pointing me towards it. I have no idea how she found it but I'm glad she sent me the link! I can't wait to root around!