• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Global Lion Intellectual Pty. Mgmt. (formerly PMA Literary & Film Management)

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Adrienne has a full of mine (requested after reading the partial). However, initial correspondence was with her assistant (also lovely).
They seem like a great bunch of people so good luck to everyone!

M.B. West

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Alisha. She has my partial as well. So she took about 2 months to get back to you?

Good luck to you on other subs!

EDP_SF

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I queried Adrienne in mid-October. I cannot find the answer to this question on their site. Is PMA a "no response means no thanks" agency? Or should I re-query? Thanks.

RoccoMom

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
Hi, I queried Adrienne in mid-October. I cannot find the answer to this question on their site. Is PMA a "no response means no thanks" agency? Or should I re-query? Thanks.

It's been my experience that they usually respond one way or another. However, with the way the marketplace has changed in the last year who knows? That might be different now too.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com

I queried her a few months ago and got no response.

oshun55

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Peter months ago and got a rejection within 2 weeks.

Victoria

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I queried PMA back in October as well. No response. I have since reworked my query, a lot, and was wondering how long I should wait before resending, or if I even should. Thoughts?

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
I had queried Adrienne Rosado on 12/2/10 and didn't get a response, but I have in my notes that PMA is a no response = no after three weeks. I'll try and find out where I got that information from.

Their website said they take 4-6 weeks on a query: http://www.pmalitfilm.com/the-review-process

I can't find confirmation on the no response = no, but she's on twitter at LitEpiphany. I'm firewalled at work from twitter, but if someone else wants to check her feed and see if she says anything about queries that would be helpful. If I remember, I'll do it from home tonight.

Heck, I might resend . . .

Last edited:

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
I queried them five months ago and had closed them out as no response but just received a request for a partial today. I've notified the other agent who has my manuscript, hopefully good things start happening!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried them five months ago and had closed them out as no response but just received a request for a partial today. I've notified the other agent who has my manuscript, hopefully good things start happening!

Awesome! Good luck!

Thanks for posting your stats. Maybe I'll hear back on my query now.

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
That was fast. They received my submission package this morning. By 1 pm Pacific time I had a request for the full. Trying not to hyperventilate. I've gotten this far before with other agents but this feels like a big deal.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
That was fast. They received my submission package this morning. By 1 pm Pacific time I had a request for the full. Trying not to hyperventilate. I've gotten this far before with other agents but this feels like a big deal.

This is great news, evol_reed! The best of luck to you. Asking for a full off a partial, and so quickly, is an excellent sign.

clorenz

Registered
Reaction score
Evol Reed-

I am curious how you sent your partial. Snail mail or e-mail? I received a partial request from a "submissions assistant" after I had already figured they were a "no." Response time for the query was almost three months. My partial will be sent by snail mail as that is what she requested.

Good luck with the full!

evol_reed

Registered
Reaction score
clorenz - They requested my partial be sent via snail mail. With the full I was able to submit via email. They responded to the snail mail partial almost immediately upon receipt, but it took them nearly five months to respond to the original query.

clorenz

Registered
Reaction score
Evol reed-

Thanks for the quick response. This whole process is so bizarre. I have several partials still out with other agents, but at this point, I never expected to hear back from them. But then when I got a partial request from a query sent over three months ago, it makes you wonder if they really are just so crazy busy that it really takes that long. I guess patience and persistence are imperative. Good luck on that full. Wishing you success!

Ames

Registered
Reaction score
which address?

For those who've sent material to PMA via snail mail, which address did you use? There are two addresses given on their website... a street address and a P.O. Box that it says is used for packages. I need to send them a partial MS, and I don't know if that qualifies as a "package" or not. I've emailed them to find out for sure, but in the meantime I thought I'd see if anyone here had any idea!

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I'm not sure - I always used email, both for the query, and for the sub. The agent gave me instructions to either mail the sub, or email it, which was preferred. No address was given for the option to mail. If you're sending a sub that qualifies as an envelope (30-40 pages), I'd send it to the street address.

clorenz

Registered
Reaction score
address for PMA

I sent mine to 45 WEst 21st St. Suite, 401 NY NY 10010
Hope that helps.