Reaction score
skywalker.jpg

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Any story that involves the evolvement of a hero could be plugged into that horribly misspelled synopsis. Try it with Odysseus or King Arthur. You might be surprised at how well it fits.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Joseph Campbell's hero's journey comes in many incarnations.

Any story that involves the evolvement of a hero could be plugged into that horribly misspelled synopsis. Try it with Odysseus or King Arthur. You might be surprised at how well it fits.

lock thread

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
I agree. Also there are a few problems with this synopsis. Namely his aunt and uncle are that at the beginning, but then are replaced with "parents" at the end. To truly make the point, you need to be consistent with your replacements. One thing can't represent two all of a sudden.

But yes, this is the hero's journey, it is repeated often in many forms. In fact I studied Empire Strikes Back in English class for just that reason. Our teacher showed us the film to illustrate the structure of myth and the hero's journey. As is always said, there are no new ideas, it's how you execute them.

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
For some reason this made me laugh. I never had teacher's this cool or this current.
Unfortunately, we had a class where we studied the movie After Hours.

I grew to really despise that movie...so I'm glad we didn't go through any of the Star Wars episodes.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I really, really tried to fit at least one of my fantasy stories into that mold, and not one sentence fit. Damn. Obviously I'm not doing it right.