Not open for further replies.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
g, morn' purgys.

((lwalker))

i will be up to my elbows in kitties next week doing petsitting.

proud mommy moment. daugh has been knitting items for the homeless, which i didn't know about. shelter called, and said when she drops off her items next week, they are going to have newspaper do a story on her. love her giving spirit. i taught her long ago: never to take angels off the mall trees, instead we'd buy presents and take them directly into the homeless shelters, so she could interact.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
I. Hate. Shopping. I hit four stores before 9:30 am. :gaah Okay, two were for kiddo, because the senior class is "adopting" a family for Christmas gifts and dinner through a homeless shelter here, so that was worthwhile. And kiddo was at Driver's Ed and I had to be out anyway. but :gaah

Got champagne for New Year's and a bottle of sake for Mr. Lily. Got the grocery shopping done, including the last gift card. Now I have to decorate the tree and make sauce. All I want to do is fall over.

:Hail:

Afternoon all! I hate when the weekend flies by too quick and this one is jam packed.
My daughter is in a parade today with her soccer team And I don't want to go. Does that make me a horrible mom? Dinner tonight with out of town guests
Soccer this morning for both kids
So I won't be leaving the house at all tomorrow. :) need some time to hermit up

I'm afraid you're not a horrible mom. You're quite normal, in fact. :)

More hugs for LW.

Kimmi, daugh is AWESOME. And you're a great mom for instilling those types of morals. :)

I *am* going to the gym today. I *am* going to the gym today. I *am* going to the gym today.....

Dawn Schaefer

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket is going to the gym today.

Did I tell you guys the first early review of Crushed came out? It was good! Even with the spelling & grammar errors, and crazy typos. Big sigh of relief.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Congrats. Dawn!

Tree is decorated. Candles in windows. Sause is made. I'm eating something because I'm getting a stress/hunger/weather headaghe. Laundry is waiting on College boy to finish his and GF's laundry. (She's finishing a big project, so he does laundry. :D

Mr. Lily is reffing 2 games this afternoon, but before he left he trimmed the huge pine bush by the stoop and strung lights on it plus on the mini-pine in the back.

I hate to say this, but I wish it would snow instead of this cold, miserable, drenching rain.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. The cabinet with the odd gap at the top, where it once met the ceiling, is not only coming off the wall but losing its 90-degree angles front to back. We emptied it and in removing the shelves learned that "all wood" means veneer over particleboard. Mr. Maryn doesn't think he can fix it and isn't real sure anybody can.

We're angry that the kitchen remodel which in part convinced us this was the house for us used such crappy materials they couldn't handle the weight of normal use.

I know, not the end of the world, but it's frustrating. Now what do we do? I don't even know who to call besides my mommy. (Who is no longer with us.)

Maryn, frustrated

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Boo on the sloppy cabinet, Maryn.

LW, if you need another 'visitor' to that silly slapper, count me in. :D Glad you were able to talk to your hubby and get some reassurance.

Fly by from me, watching 'P.S. I Love you.'. Lordy, lordy, that Mr Butler is just hawt, hawt, hawt.

NIYRAK

Plot Ninja's on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all. Took the kiddos to "snow hill" today. they had fun and I enjoyed the odd 70 degree weather. Littlest one wanted to go down the 'big hill' so big sis agreed to go down beside him. :D proud momma here. We rode the train through downtown and then had homemade ice cream. It was a nice day all around.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Saturday.

I'm off to play with bookmarks.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds fun, Niy!

Does NOT sound fun, Brandy!

Sorry about the cabinet, Maryn. Too many kitchen cabinets are only capable of holding potato chips and Cocoa Puffs. Put cans in there, and forget about it.

The K1ndle page for my kids' book shows signs of Purgatory! Look at the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" selections:
http://amzn.com/B00AG3A7QS

That would be a surprise for the kiddies.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Cricket is going to the gym today. I did it!! 13 miles on the bike, then weights, and crunches.

Did I tell you guys the first early review of Crushed came out? It was good! Even with the spelling & grammar errors, and crazy typos. Big sigh of relief.

Yay for good reviews!

Happy Hanukkah, Purgies who celebrate!

Thankee, said the Atheist Jew. :D

Sounds like a great time had by all, Niy!

Kel, that's pretty funny! Can you imagine a mom going on there to buy your book and then clicking Red's? Ha! That could actually be brilliant marketing!

Dawn Schaefer

Registered
Reaction score
Go, Cricket!!! I did squat today, but I'm going to pretend I also did 13 miles and weights.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
"Oh, look, honey! Here's a little book about that Krampus who hangs out with St. Nick. Let's buy it and read it together around the Christmas Tree tonight!"

:eek: :roll:

I'm so flippin' tired. Too many chores. Although the tree looks lovely and festive, so no real complaints.
A9nXbbBCAAAoH2u.jpg

Dragonstar

a wishin' and a hopin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(((LW))) I'm ready for a trip too. :)

(((Maryn))) sorry about the cabinet.

(((Lily))) Glad you survived shopping and the tree looks gorgeous!

Niy, your day sounds awesome!

Cricket, grats on all that fine workout stuff you did at the gym today. :)

LOL on the Krampus viewing.

I've been writing and am getting down to the "big scene" which probably isn't really.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tree is up! Leaning! But up!

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Greetings from Huangshan, Anhui Province. I have a cold (naturally -- if this is China, then I must have an upper respiratory infection), so am relaxing in very pretty "boutique" hotel in traditional building. Not sure what I will do here other than rest and recover. We'll see how ambitious I get!

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
Oh and if you have access to PM I think there's a deal announcement for my next book from yesterday...

I don't have PM so I have no idea, but I'm guessing it's good news so ... yay!!!!

Boo on the respiratory infection. But, I'm envious of you. I'm getting itchy feet and wanting to travel again.

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Oh and if you have access to PM I think there's a deal announcement for my next book from yesterday...

Boo for the cold, but yay for the great news!!!

ROCK PAPER TIGER and GETAWAY author Lisa Brackmann's third suspense novel set in China featuring an American expat whose uneasy relationship with an art-obsessed Chinese billionaire leads to dangerous complications involving a high-level political scandal and murder, to Juliet Grames at Soho Press, by Katherine Fausset at Curtis Brown (World English).
s.gif

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Thanks for that, Cricket! I saw most of it thru their RSS feed, but I don't have a PM subscription any more either. Kinda hoping it makes PubLunch, which for some reason I'm not getting any more...if anyone sees it, could you give me a holler?

In spite of being sick, I am liking Huangshan/Tunxi. The town/city is actually Tunxi but the train station is called Huangshan, I guess because the mountain is so famous. Just a cute, pleasant place.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Wooohooo, congrats, Lisa! And this is novel FOUR, just the third set in China, right? Is this an Ellie book too?

firedrake

Registered
Reaction score
WooHoo! Lisa!!! brilliant news!!

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Excellent news, OL!!!

Morning, all. Got the tree up yesterday. Currently waiting for my parents to head home, as my mother is presently talking my ear off and I haven't had nearly enough coffee to deal with it. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.