• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Cheney Agency / Elyse Cheney Literary Associates

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear from Elyse or Nicole lately?

I received my R about a week ago. It was pretty similar to the one Doctor Johnson posted, except Nicole also said she found my plot gripping and liked the suspense.

Good luck to everyone who still has requests out to them.

Augustine

Registered
Reaction score
I sent my requested full last week. I get the impression they request a lot of fulls (which is cool, but probably really increases their work load); so I imagine it will take a little longer than most agencies to respond.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still waitin' too...but I think I've finally gotten used to waitin'... It's like death and taxes -- unavoidable, ineluctable, inevitable...

Angkor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
UPDATE: Elyse had requested my full ms. I had had several constructive email exchanges with her directly. She had it for about seven weeks when I was offered representation by another agency. Following standard practice, I informed those agents with my ms of the offer, with an invitation to counteroffer, if they wished. I received a reply signed "Elyse Cheney", saying she didn't "feel passionate about the voice" and declining to counteroffer. The troubling thing was that the email came from the account of an intern named Hannah Elnan. I truly believe Elyse never got around to reading my ms, had no time to plow through it quickly once I had an offer, and left it to her intern to send me a boilerplate reply.

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Fair enough -- but you have an agent...that's the important thing!

djaffe

Me love books much
Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query to Elyse Cheney on Feb 19th and got a request for a full on March 10th by Hannah Elnan. We'll see how it goes....

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
It appears that Nicole Steen has left the Cheney agency. At least she has removed its info from her Agent Query page and lists it at the bottom of the page as a former agency. Agent Query also notes that she is not accepting unsolicited subs.

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
sent query

Wow, almost two years since a posting in here. I sent Ms. Cheney a query today for my historical fiction. Has anyone had any correspondence with her lately? I will post back when I hear something, though it seems that she is a "no-response means no" agent.
Thanks,
Bryan

Morgan

That quirky girl
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, almost two years since a posting in here. I sent Ms. Cheney a query today for my historical fiction. Has anyone had any correspondence with her lately? I will post back when I hear something, though it seems that she is a "no-response means no" agent.
Thanks,
Bryan

I sent her a query July 30th, nothing yet but it does appear is taking queries

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Elyse yesterday and got a full request from her assistant today. Woot! However, after reading this thread, I am tempering my enthusiasm ... it sounds like this agency requests lots of fulls but doles out lots of form-R's.

However! I will remain optimistic! It's the only way to survive the querying game. :)