• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Bent Agency (Jenny Bent)

Jen Klein

Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenkleinbooks.com
I just wanted to chime in to say that I met with Jenny this past summer. She could not have been more kind, more smart, more eloquent, more knowledgable. Good luck to all of you who are submitting to her!

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they share queries? Is a "no" from Susan a "no" for Jenny as well?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they share queries? Is a "no" from Susan a "no" for Jenny as well?

I'm not sure, lisa17. Until recently, Susan and Jenny didn't rep any of the same genres, so I don't think they had an official policy.

I do know that Susan will pass manuscripts on to Jenny that she thinks would be better suited for her (that was how Anita Grace Howard ended up signing with Jenny), but I don't know if Susan does the same thing with queries. Have you checked the agency website to see if it says anything about that?

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure, lisa17. Until recently, Susan and Jenny didn't rep any of the same genres, so I don't think they had an official policy.

I do know that Susan will pass manuscripts on to Jenny that she thinks would be better suited for her (that was how Anita Grace Howard ended up signing with Jenny), but I don't know if Susan does the same thing with queries. Have you checked the agency website to see if it says anything about that?

Website doesn't say. Thanks so much for your reply. I think they both rep YA now.

Alwaysinspired

Registered
Reaction score
I've had two manuscripts rejected through this agency. Both rejections were exceedingly polite, which I appreciated!!

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Query Sent

Sent an email to Jenny this evening for my historical fiction. Feeling kind of good about this one. Will post back once I have a (hopefully positive) response.
Bryan

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Sent an email to Jenny this evening for my historical fiction. Feeling kind of good about this one. Will post back once I have a (hopefully positive) response.
Bryan

OK, whatever my feeling was, it was wrong. Got my form rejection. It came in at 2:30 in the morning eastern time, so somebody was up late working!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Ms. Hawk since she closed to queries? (I'm still waiting to hear back on a full request from 11/14 myself...)

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
I've been waiting on a full from Jenny since the end of September. I know she sometimes has longer wait times, so I haven't nudged yet...starting to get the urge, though :)

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, JoyMC and CharleyGirl. Her response times do seem to vary, don't they? Well, hopefully, it's not much longer (especially for you, CharleyGirl!).

Araenvo

Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.simonpclark.com
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has anything with Molly Ker Hawn at the moment? She's over in London but working for The Bent Agency

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a full out with Molly Ker Hawn. Queried 2/29 and had a full request the next day. Said it'd be around 4 weeks or so.

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
EQ Molly Ker Hawn 3/8/12
Full request 3/11/12

MG Fantasy

*dancing*

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on all the fulls! BRAVO!

I am a bit confused. I see Ms.Bent liking horror but then another site said she doesn't represent it. Then the website doesn't exclude horror on the list of what she doesn't represent.

I don't want to waste my query. Anyone know if she takes horror?

LMT

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the congrats!

For all those waiting, Molly just posted on twitter that she is caught up on queries and if you didn't receive a reply to resend. She also said her response time on requested material is now about 6 weeks.