Jed's Super-Dooper Baileys Pub for Newbies, Dragons, Saints & Sinners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Now with respect to french food.... we had several friends from France come and stay with us for about a week. we made them eat local food cooked by us. (also local wines :) ) they fell in love with the flavors of our cooking and as to the wines they complained that french wines were so very bland and ours had so much flavor....

French wine is lovely in France, but they send us the dregs. A Frenchman told me that, so it must be true. :D

I don't like European very much in general, though. I usually drink Australian or South African wine. New Zealand wine is lovely but it's expensive here. And I like South American wine as well.

Z, I just brought a bucket of Baileys up from the cellar. It's all yours. :D

clee984

Bearded and serious
Registered
Reaction score
Now with respect to french food.... we had several friends from France come and stay with us for about a week. we made them eat local food cooked by us. (also local wines :) ) they fell in love with the flavors of our cooking and as to the wines they complained that french wines were so very bland and ours had so much flavor....

they took a few bottles home to show the locals i guess...

I would agree with this (even though it would get me lynched if I went around voicing the opinion), in my experience, American food (soul food in particular) is preferable to French. Although one great thing about wine here, is that you can a decent drop extremely cheaply - for the kind of price that would barely buy you a bottle of cat's pee in the UK.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go and get a bottle of wine now. Bah. You people have corrupted me. :tongue

Nox the Many

The prose is dark & full of errors
Registered
Reaction score
If I do visit Texas it'll be in winter. :D

That's probably a good idea.

French food? I guess I'm the only one here, I love French food. I can't eat it, much too rich, but it's amazing. We had (have? IDK, it's too expensive to go) a French place here that is the only place I've consented to eat veal at. I am morally opposed to veal, but their veal meatballs make me weep.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
It was veal that made me go veggie all those thousands of years ago.

Also, back in the dark mists of time when I had modern appliances, I thought being able to go to the shops and buy bags of ice was hilarious. Now I know it's the greatest thing ever invented. EH-var. :D

Nox the Many

Registered
Reaction score
It was veal that made me go veggie all those thousands of years ago.

I know, i know. I'm a terrible person. But murder is just so delicious!

and, EEP! Finally broke up with sort-of boyfriend. Looking again. And, just for the record, boys are weird. Not any boys here of course. All the boys here are both normal and a delight.

But, you know. In general. It shouldn't be major bonus points that someone didn't try to send wang pictures in the first conversation, it should just be normal. But it's major bonus points. When compared with most conversations, it puts them waaaay ahead, not trying. *checks shirt* No, i'm not wearing a "wtb epic wang" shirt ....

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
I know, i know. I'm a terrible person. But murder is just so delicious!

I don't mind people eating meat. Apart from haggis. As long as the haggis is kept well away from me it's all good. :D

And, just for the record, boys are weird. Not any boys here of course. All the boys here are both normal and a delight.

They are, aren't they? Why can't they live in my real life? ... Oh, right, I don't have a life. But if I did I'd want them in it. :D

But, you know. In general. It shouldn't be major bonus points that someone didn't try to send wang pictures in the first conversation, it should just be normal. But it's major bonus points. When compared with most conversations, it puts them waaaay ahead, not trying. *checks shirt* No, i'm not wearing a "wtb epic wang" shirt ....

Gawd, I know. When I was on OK Cupid, it was a nightmare. It said on my profile that I'm a writer, yet they still tried to win me over with spelling and grammar that would embarrass my five-year-old nephew. My favourite one was "i got car wan go drive wi me?" Firstly, no. Secondly, NO. One corrected my spelling when it wasn't wrong and called me a :censored bitch when I pointed it out. That was before I even got to the mysogynists, racists and homophobes. It was all very, very depressing.

I did meet two really nice men, though. But they both dumped me. :D

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Finally broke up with sort-of boyfriend. Looking again. And, just for the record, boys are weird. Not any boys here of course. All the boys here are both normal and a delight.

Katie i will be willing to be your temp fill in till you find an appropriate model to test drive. (note i do not fall in the "boy" category at my age but will try if needed.) i don't want photos nor do i desire to send any. conversation i am totally fine with but, if i can not give / send via the net it just can not happen. :)

lots o love from texas.

Nox the Many

Registered
Reaction score
Gawd, I know. When I was on OK Cupid, it was a nightmare. It said on my profile that I'm a writer, yet they still tried to win me over with spelling and grammar that would embarrass my five-year-old nephew. My favourite one was "i got car wan go drive wi me?" Firstly, no. Secondly, NO. One corrected my spelling when it wasn't wrong and called me a :censored bitch when I pointed it out. That was before I even got to the mysogynists, racists and homophobes. It was all very, very depressing.

I did meet two really nice men, though. But they both dumped me. :D

Yep. It is crazy on there.

Katie i will be willing to be your temp fill in till you find an appropriate model to test drive. (note i do not fall in the "boy" category at my age but will try if needed.) i don't want photos nor do i desire to send any. conversation i am totally fine with but, if i can not give / send via the net it just can not happen. :)

lots o love from texas.

Fill-in *snerk* NO KATIE NOT APPROPRIATE! WRONG FORUM!

/still also in Texas
/totally goofy today

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. It is crazy on there.

When you get to my advanced years :tongue it's mostly men who can't get girlfriends looking for women who can't get boyfriends, and vice versa. There are some gems on there, I'm sure. I'm just too tired and crabbit and jaded to look for them.

clee984

Bearded and serious
Registered
Reaction score
and, EEP! Finally broke up with sort-of boyfriend. Looking again. And, just for the record, boys are weird. Not any boys here of course. All the boys here are both normal and a delight.

Not all men are weird, for the record. I am, but I have some male friends who aren't.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Not all men are weird, for the record. I am, but I have some male friends who aren't.

People who aren't weird are no fun at all. I have some normal Facebook friends and they're not half as interesting as the crazy ones. :D

Jill Karg

So many WIPs which one to work on
Registered
Reaction score
When you get to my advanced years :tongue it's mostly men who can't get girlfriends looking for women who can't get boyfriends, and vice versa. There are some gems on there, I'm sure. I'm just too tired and crabbit and jaded to look for them.

Fran, someone once gave me this advice, "when you are not looking for one (boyfriend/girlfriend) that's when they show up."
Husband showed up that way, I swore off men especially interent men (local guys in my area) and dang if the same day i swore them off my younger sister hooked me up with the guy I would marry. Go figure, and he was interent local guy lol.

Rockweaver

Registered
Reaction score
Fran, someone once gave me this advice, "when you are not looking for one (boyfriend/girlfriend) that's when they show up."
Husband showed up that way, I swore off men especially interent men (local guys in my area) and dang if the same day i swore them off my younger sister hooked me up with the guy I would marry. Go figure, and he was interent local guy lol.

I think I must agree. when i met my wife I was not looking for any kind of a relationship. I wanted to just go out and have fun. I had several lady friends who were dinner companions as i hated to eat alone. nothing serious and was not looking for anything.

Wife worked at a place i stopped in every day on the way home and we became friends. she cheated by doing things like "So on Thursday i am off this week and was wondering if you would be willing to come over and eat some food and watch a show on the TV?"
i was so blind to the danger i said Sure.... she kept it up for ~7 years till she landed me.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score

It's mostly my fault. I'm too used to doing my own thing. I've tried to not show much emotion but then they assume I'm not really that interested and drift away. Or I try to be open and honest with them about how I feel and they run for it. :D I can't seem to get the balance right.

Rock, :ROFL: at "so blind to the danger".

Nox the Many

Registered
Reaction score
lol same feel free to pm also has a whole list of inappropriate thoughts that don't belong in this forum...

My other forum is ridiculous. We started a Facebook group just so we could get away with saying whatever we wanted. Thank the spirits we mark it "secret." XD

Sorry; i know that. Playful generalization, no offense intended. :)

People who aren't weird are no fun at all. I have some normal Facebook friends and they're not half as interesting as the crazy ones. :D

Troof!

Welp, i'm all set. I am specifically not wanting to ever get married now. Accidentally engaged by the weekend? XD

It's mostly my fault. I'm too used to doing my own thing. I've tried to not show much emotion but then they assume I'm not really that interested and drift away. Or I try to be open and honest with them about how I feel and they run for it. :D I can't seem to get the balance right.

Rock, :ROFL: at "so blind to the danger".

Eh, that's just the deal. Seven billion people on the planet. Most of them, i will want nothing to do with. Of the ones remaining, most of them would want nothing to do with me. People are weird and differenty and there are so few people who get me and are tolerable.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, that's just the deal. Seven billion people on the planet. Most of them, i will want nothing to do with. Of the ones remaining, most of them would want nothing to do with me. People are weird and differenty and there are so few people who get me and are tolerable.

It's lovely when someone gets you. A few of them have got me. Those are the ones I miss.

Next lesson: Keeping hold of one of them. :D

And I think we all loves ya, Katie. :Hug2:

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
It's just till I get my kittehs. Then all my love will be diverted elsewhere. :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.