• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TriadaUS Literary Agency

Uwe

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Chumplet:

A client of mine just alerted me to this discussion. If I did not respond to your query, then --somehow-- I did not receive it...I have been getting a lot of spam recently and fine tuned my spam filter...maybe it got lost in there...if you could query me again (in case I have not responded), please put "Chumplet AW query follow up" in the subject line and I will try to find it in case the spam filter caught the previous ones.

Best and my apologies, I do try to respond to all queries, but sometimes queries disappear somehow...Uwe

Anaquana

needed a good laugh today
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anaquana.wordpress.com
Yay, Chumplet! *Crosses fingers*

Uwe's on my list to query and after his personal response to you here, he'll be in the next batch of queries I send out tomorrow.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Damn, Honeysock; I wanted to see the lame congratulations! :)

Thanks, guys! I printed it out tonight and I hope to the publishing gods I didn't leave a giant plot hole in the middle of the manuscript. You know, those place markers you put in the middle of a chapter saying, "Write something about his wife here."

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of luck, Chumplet!

I equeried him yesterday 3/19/10

A nice eject was waiting for me this morning.

It was for a MG fantasy.

ILS

mtrenteseau

Mild-mannered accountant by day...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, guys! I printed it out tonight and I hope to the publishing gods I didn't leave a giant plot hole in the middle of the manuscript. You know, those place markers you put in the middle of a chapter saying, "Write something about his wife here."

First, congratulations!!!!

Second, I expect if Salinger or Faulkner put a note in his manuscript saying "write something about his wife here," it would be heralded as the greatest thing in literature.

(I usually put empty brackets [] and leave something in my notes about what goes there.)

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Dr. Stender sent a polite rejection with a brief and thoughtful critique. I replied with thanks and some clarification, and also indicated I had another full out. He emailed back to wish me luck with the other agent, and that if I decided to do revisions based on his suggestions, he'd take another look.

If I receive similar feedback, I'll certainly run a comb through THE YEARBOOK and let Uwe look at it again.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Did the revisions make sense to you, Chumplet?

Chumplet

Registered
Reaction score
Website
They weren't as specific as I would have liked, so I'll see what others have to say. He did say this women's fic had a commercial feel, which is encouraging. I thought I had eliminated all the 'show not tell' but maybe I didn't. Also, the plot seemed 'familiar' although it is based on actual events. When I mentioned that, he seemed to understand where I was coming from and possibly had a change of heart, thus leaving the door open a crack.

I'm feeling positive today.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
If they aren't extensive, and you're not opposed to them, you could always make the revisions he suggested and send them to just him and see where it takes you. My thinking is that you're going to revise at some point, so why not now, to speed things along?

I dunno. Maybe I just think y'all would make a cute couple, so I'm pushing you in that direction. : )

Seriously, though, I have a feeling about this. Although I'm in the middle of my own revise and re-sub, so I'm not the best one to advise . . .

Okay, just ignore this.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the problem is that if they're vague, she might want to hold off for something more specific.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, yes, Sage is right. *If* you can get specific suggestions at the revise/resub stage. (Unless, Sage, you mean from a different agent?)

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I know from experience that Uwe prolly won't give more specific suggestions unless she's signed with him. I meant from another agent.

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
I queried him last night and got a nice little rejection this morning. How do you guys feel about requerying agents?

My ms has undergone major edits, a name change and even a character change. Not to mention I've gone back to the drawing board with the query letter as well. Do you think I should try any of the the thirty (forty) that rejected me last year?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
If you've made major revisions and changed the query, title, and beginning, you can try requerying the ones you've queried a long time ago, but don't mention they've rejected it. It's revised enough to be a different book, so query it as one.

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
If you've made major revisions and changed the query, title, and beginning, you can try requerying the ones you've queried a long time ago, but don't mention they've rejected it. It's revised enough to be a different book, so query it as one.

Thanks, I think I will start doing that.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just adding stats-queried Dr. Stender this morning, received polite e-rejection this afternoon...