Connecting old sound system to TV

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Panasonic 42" model No TX-P42S20B. I'm delighted with the excellent picture quality. The sound is acceptable in most situations but I love listening to classical music concerts with the volume turned up. My area is shortly switching to the transmission of digital signals only.

I also own a Hitachi CD Slimline system Model MX-W50 wired to two 12W-22 speakers to provide superb volume/quality output. This setup was bought over twenty years ago.

Bearing in mind I'm technically deficient in this department can anyone state simply if I could satisfactorily link the Hitachi to the TV and get the sound I desire through the Hitachi amplifier and speakers?

I have to buy a replacement for my current Video Recorder anyway, so might be simplest just to invest in a Home Cinema system combo -Blu-ray?- with everything included, but I thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thankyou, Ol' Fashioned Girl.

Xvee

I Need Monkeys
Registered
Reaction score
If your cd player has digital audio output or the red/white color-coded sound output then your TV should accept it.

Blu-Ray are very cheap now, some low as $100 U.S. so it's not a huge investment if you want to upgrade. Lower end home theater packages run from $250 to $350 and get the job done if your room isn't too big.

Watching hi-def movies in 1080p on your new TV will be awesome. I think all DVD rental places also rent Blu-Ray now anyway.

Last edited:

littlebear91

Never Let Go
Registered
Reaction score
Website
littlebearz.com
"can anyone state simply if I could satisfactorily link the Hitachi to the TV and get the sound I desire through the Hitachi amplifier and speakers?"
You need to hook red and white cables for the sound, I forgot the cable names, and the yellow cable for the video. That's how I hooked my tv to my sound stereo and use dvd player as video input