Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
:hooray: Ooh--I also have a truck. Just got it.

Did yours come with a bed full of stuff you had to dispose of fast? Ours did.

And it ended up being more difficult to do than planned.

My imagination took that to a hasty burial in summer-dried-to-harder-than-concrete dirt.

:roll:

Ours is a 2001 but is a shiny brick red that pearls to bronze at night. Inside is in great shape - a cupholder jams shut if you close it all the way and there's a worn spot on the drivers seat but otherwise looks new.

The only thing we found in it was a CD from a local church. Which I pitched. I don't actually listen to the priest when I take the kids to church, let alone want to be preached at whilst cruising around town.

Are you going to try and connect with any AWers during your travels?

Actually, yes! A Hound who hasn't been here in a while lives just a couple hours drive away from where the Challenge will be in Ohio. We've known each other for like six years and have texted, emailed, had marathone chats on the phone, and she's my collaborator on the children's book project. Kinda cool to actually be able to meet in person.

:D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I do not have a truck.

Which is fine. I couldn't afford the gas.

See, we couldn't afford *not* to get a truck any longer. Too many instances of "if we only had a truck" and having to rent or borrow one. Plus, two kids, bikes, massive beast dog, getting out of the house to do stuff was getting nearly impossible without something to haul it all around. :rolleyes: But yeah, with gas prices being what they are, it's no commuter car, for sure.

My imagination took that to a hasty burial in summer-dried-to-harder-than-concrete dirt.

:roll:
Pretty close.

Ours is a 2001 but is a shiny brick red that pearls to bronze at night. Inside is in great shape - a cupholder jams
Ha! Our cupholder *has* jam in it. I have no idea how old it is (or if it's really jam, that's just best/safest guess).

The only thing we found in it was a CD from a local church.
Oh, yours probably has a CD player in it then. :e2bummed:

*is jealous*

Actually, yes! A Hound who hasn't been here in a while lives just a couple hours drive away from where the Challenge will be in Ohio. We've known each other for like six years and have texted, emailed, had marathone chats on the phone, and she's my collaborator on the children's book project. Kinda cool to actually be able to meet in person.

*is more jealous*

Have fun!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Plus, two kids, bikes, massive beast dog, getting out of the house to do stuff was getting nearly impossible without something to haul it all around. :rolleyes: But yeah, with gas prices being what they are, it's no commuter car, for sure.

I will say, I'd like more space (and a wee bit more traction) than I have in my little coupe. Ideally, I'd love a Subaru Outback... but I can't even afford a used one.

Yet.

But that's as close as I'd get. I cling to my 30 ~ 31 mpg, esp with gas prices and my commute.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I will say, I'd like more space (and a wee bit more traction) than I have in my little coupe.

I don't know about the US, but it is totally legal to buy a tank in the UK. The band Super Furry Animals bought one and painted it pink before driving it through a small town.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about the US, but it is totally legal to buy a tank in the UK. The band Super Furry Animals bought one and painted it pink before driving it through a small town.

Yeah, but the gas mileage in those sucks.

And there really isn't a lot of internal space.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Who cares about mileage when you are driving a frickin' tank?

The look of fear in the eyes of the other motorists would be worth it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Reporter: Why would anyone want to own a Sherman tank?
Zack: Because it's very hard to shoot yourself while you're cleaning it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I think - actually, I'm almost certain - that tanks sold to private individuals have to have the barrel... somethinged. IDK what it is called, but the thing where they scratch the inside of the barrel to prevent it firing.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

Sounds like a great time, Laurie! *is jealous, too*

My son has a pickup he is planning on giving me, my car is on it's last leg (tire) it barely drives anymore. Motor shudders, it sputters and dies, and tends not to move when I push down on the gas. :( The problem with the pick up is that it's a standard. I'm sure I'll strip all the gears in it. I'm not a standard driving kind of dragon. :e2bummed:

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
You're an automatic dragon?!

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Which is fine. I couldn't afford the gas.

See, we couldn't afford *not* to get a truck any longer. Too many instances of "if we only had a truck" and having to rent or borrow one. Plus, two kids, bikes, massive beast dog, getting out of the house to do stuff was getting nearly impossible without something to haul it all around. :rolleyes: But yeah, with gas prices being what they are, it's no commuter car, for sure.

Right - and we will need something that can tow once we get the Camaro ready for the track. (it won't be street legal).

My commute is way down (now that I'm not chauffeuring everyone hither and yon) and once my car is fixed (hopefully by the end of the year) and back on the road, the truck won't go as many places as it is right now.

Ha! Our cupholder *has* jam in it. I have no idea how old it is (or if it's really jam, that's just best/safest guess).

:eek:

Oh, yours probably has a CD player in it then. :e2bummed:

*is jealous*

Yeah but all my music is on my ipod or via my phone on Pandora. The truck radio doesn't have an adapter/connection/ thingy to plug my phone into. I'm going to have to figure out how to transfer my music to a CD.

Have fun!

Always! Thanks!

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Ummm

Porter staggers in figgerin he is drunker than he thought

Did I end up in the tripleA office instead of AA or a cantina of terror.
How did things go this far astary, or is that part of the terror?

stagger out

:)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
whoa don't stagger out so quickly, Porter.

*flames up the pit*

We were just about to have a bbq. You like bbq's, don't ya Porter?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Porter's been around so long, we sure he qualifies as a "newcomer?"

Wait, since when have I ever argued semantics?

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
How many times has he been in the horror thread?

Besides I just wanted to bbq him, not actually partake in the eating. I think he'd be a bit tough and stringy. :Shrug:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This was my thought, too.

We'd have to break out the pressure cooker, or let him stew a long, long time in the slow cooker. Possibly not worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.