A Big Ole Bowl of Confusion

WittyWordsmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.KinseyMoberg.com
I am struggling with where I want to put my writing outside of what I write for other people. I have a website, and I do have a couple blogs. The website is for my professional copywriting, but I haven’t dedicated much to the blogs because I keep getting conflicted.

I’ve read that it’s better to just network your own blog and keep all the Adsense income vs. writing on say Hubpages (or the like) and splitting it. Yet, if I don’t have time to network then writing on those platforms may be a better option because it would at least be SOMETHING. I think... Maybe...

But I don’t want to send my work out into the big wide world when part of me feels like whoever is searching for whatever keyword can just find the information other places and get what they need to know.

And I REALLY am not keen on writing the same articles in 4 different places then just linking them to each other just to make a few cents wherever I can. There’s way too much of that out there, and it drives me nuts. I understand SEO but I’m not about to write simply to keyword popularity and backlinks.

I want to write unique articles that I am proud of, but I’m afraid of the whole “there’s nothing new under the sun” idea. Is it worth trying to compete in the keyword battle?

My goal is not to make a bunch of money writing articles. A few extra bucks is nice, but I’m more about having a byline and an outlet I can be proud of. I don't mind writing for others, but it's what I'm writing for myself and where to put it that is conflicting.

I feel ridiculous feeling so lost when I've read so much and studied so hard on what my options are. Especially when I know I CAN write and I love it.

Does any of this even make any sense? Are there any suggestions out there for me?

Bushrat

reaching for the sun
Registered
Reaction score
I want to write unique articles that I am proud of, but I’m afraid of the whole “there’s nothing new under the sun” idea. Is it worth trying to compete in the keyword battle?

My goal is not to make a bunch of money writing articles. A few extra bucks is nice, but I’m more about having a byline and an outlet I can be proud of.

It sounds like having your own blog might fit the bill if your main concern is to get what you have to say "out there".
Anything you get paid for, you won't get around the competition and having to tailor it to fit the publication's style.