Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just called Ticketmaster in London and booked tickets for Billy Elliot. But I'm not going. :( My boss is with a group of students. I wish I was, it would be cool. But I had fun talking to the guy with a british accent on the phone.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I am back from a rather eclectic shopping trip. It was snowing pretty good, enough to cover street signs, and I missed my turn for the brewery, so I went to the marching band store first. They had exactly what I needed, cheap, and were friendly and chatty.

Next I went back to the brewery, where the snow in the lot was so deep that I was reminded my left snow boot leaks. They didn't have everything I needed, but they did have some real maple syrup made from their own trees, plus some Tupelo honey. I'm looking forward to waffles Christmas morning.

Next was the metal store, this tiny jumbled record store that sells only heavy metal. The driving was getting pretty bad, and the owner was not there yet. A neighboring store's owner invited me in, "Just to look, for something to do until Bob gets here," and I spent a very interesting half hour exploring antique books, even though I didn't buy anything. (I nearly bought Hygiene and Cleanliness for Women, copyright 1911, but it was too expensive.) The guy got some of his treasures out from the locked cases, so I held a book worth about $3500. (An ornate 1820s Bible, its illustrations colored by hand.)

Bob arrived and managed to find two CDs from The Kid's hard-to-find list, and is sure he can get at least two more by Wednesday, so he ordered four from the list to increase the chances and give me a selection. He also complimented The Kid's taste in music and said she should come in just to talk some time.

Last I went to my favorite thrift store, hoping to find a treasure for The Kid. I found several practical items, and one treasure--plus a pair of snow boots, never worn, that fit me.

So I came home and made tea.

Maryn, whose sock is wet

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
I don't do shoes much at thrift stores. I don't really need boots, though. I have a good pair I bought at a farm supply store for eight dollars. I'm planning to visit another store in the chain not far from Fort Campbell. I plan to buy some quality winter gear there.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to go. I got some black pants at my thrift store that were great but are getting too big. ( yeah yeah- poor Sassy.)So I need to get another thrift store pair of pants or two. My brown pants are comfy, but I caught a glimpse of myself in them and man are they frumpy.

Sass- who pulls off frumpy quite often.

P.S. Elvis's kin has left the building.

Last edited:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, I was going to make an Elvis joke, as soon as I thought of one.

Maryn, all grouchy at lost opportunities

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain over the black pants, Sass. Next Tuesday a whole bag of such things is scheduled to get evicted. This will be the second bag to go out the door.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
The guy got some of his treasures out from the locked cases, so I held a book worth about $3500. (An ornate 1820s Bible, its illustrations colored by hand.)
Wow, what an experience though. I love the way old books smell and feel! (Is that weird?)

No wonder everyone was so friendly and nice. You were still winking, weren't you? ;)
I need to go. I got some black pants at my thrift store that were great but are getting too big. ( yeah yeah- poor Sassy.)So I need to get another thrift store pair of pants or two. My brown pants are comfy, but I caught a glimpse of myself in them and man are they frumpy.

I feel your pain over the black pants, Sass. Next Tuesday a whole bag of such things is scheduled to get evicted. This will be the second bag to go out the door.
NO SYMPATHY! NONE. For either of you.
If you were having to go there to buy "fat" clothes, my heart would bleed empathy for you 'til I passed out.

I am proud and happy for you both though.

*slips into the hottub with her virgin strawberry daiquiri and sighs*
Oh dear, how on earth did you pass out from a virgin daiquiri?
*pulls out Cass, and puts her on couch to dry out*

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
I've been out for a short walk. Now I'm drinking my diet hot chocolate. It tastes a lot better than I thought it would.
If it's any consolation, story, I now have this ugly roll of belly fat. It didn't show until its protective covering was gone. I hope the walking will eventually get rid of it.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning. Rain rain go away don't come again until a long time from now.

No walk today. I used the rain as an excuse. Even the dog didn't want to go out in it but eventually had to - darn bodily functions.

I keep promising her I'll be better in January.

I will be better tomorrow. Starting (this afternoon hopefully) after work today I am off for two weeks. I can take long walks with her with no worries of time.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I've been out for a short walk. Now I'm drinking my diet hot chocolate. It tastes a lot better than I thought it would.
If it's any consolation, story, I now have this ugly roll of belly fat. It didn't show until its protective covering was gone. I hope the walking will eventually get rid of it.
Well, it's very little consolation, but I'll take it.
:D
It takes excess skin and fatty tissue time to recover after weight loss, and since you're doing it the right way, I have no doubt that too will gradually disappear.

Sass, I'm sure your pup will love your vacation time. Lots of long walks, plus a good boost of exercise around the holidays will balance out any goodies you might indulge in over the next few weeks.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, Mr. Maryn is taking off the same days Sassy is. Coincidence? I think not!

Maryn, wondering what nefarious schemes they're hatching

Komnena

Registered
Reaction score
My basement could probably use some cleaning. I cleaned it out last spring but I've not made much progress towards turning it into a proper storm shelter. I think I will work on that when spring comes. I am definitely not staying above ground next time the storm sirens go off. I learned last February it is too late to run when you hear the Tyrannosaurus-sized grizzly bear. I was lucky it was only an F0 but I'll never forget that sound.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
My basement could probably use some cleaning. I cleaned it out last spring but I've not made much progress towards turning it into a proper storm shelter. I think I will work on that when spring comes. I am definitely not staying above ground next time the storm sirens go off. I learned last February it is too late to run when you hear the Tyrannosaurus-sized grizzly bear. I was lucky it was only an F0 but I'll never forget that sound.
We can barely hear the tornado siren from our house, we'd have to stand outside and hope there's no storm to muffle the sound. We also don't have a basement, so our bathroom is our best hope. We do have one of the weather radio that alarms every time there's a tornado warning or watch, and one night, we got so sick of hearing it go off for all the surrounding counties that we unplugged it around 2 a.m., about half an hour later, five tornados hit our town and we slept through it all, thank goodness one didn't hit us, but hit less than a mile from our home. I don't think we'd be all that safe in the bathroom, so my reasoning was if we were all going to die, I didn't want to die tired and there was nothing I could do about it anyway. I've tried to be more vigilant since then (but I still rarely plug in the radio during the bad storms at night because it scares the kids). I mainly just keep the TV in my bedroom on and go get the kids if and when the tornado is predicted to hit our area.

thank you, darlin'.

erm...doesn't take much to get me drunk? ;-)
Ha, talk about a light weight. :D
I'm a great BSer, what can I say?

ETA: I would probably do very well in marketing and almost got a minor in marketing, but I already had two majors.
You should consider a career change. Marketing may suit you or you could also be a speech writer for a politician or something, or be some famous persons spokewoman.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was hoping the big boss man would let us go home early today, but alas, I am still here. BAH!

Sass- thankful to have a big boss man just the same.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hear you. Mr. Maryn's last day until the new year is also today, but even though he said he'd try to get away early, I'm a realist. He'll probably roll in around seven, after another eleven-hour day with lunch eaten at his desk, if at all.

Yes, grateful to have work, but still...

Maryn, who's got both beer and wine chilled

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We put in our little refrigerator that we bought when our big one died before we deicded to repair or replace it. My FIL Built a cabinet to put over it with the microwave on top and we plugged it in, filled it with beer and soda, and ta da! I got the power bill today. $20 more. COincidence? I expected it to be higher but $20? If it is consistently that much more we may need to reconsider having cold sodas on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.