Magazine/ Online for Teen Parent Years Later

amomschoice

Registered
Reaction score
I did an interview with someone who gave birth in her teen years. I'm looking for a place to publish it besides my blog. She's a successful artist today years later.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I'd look into parenting magazines or the general woman's market. That's off the top of my head, but may not be right.

Is the slant of the interview, Teen Parent Makes Good or Bio of a Successful Artist? Is it advice for current for teen parents? Knowing how the article is focused may help us suggest markets. Who is the audience for the interview?

amomschoice

Registered
Reaction score
I want to go from the view point of a teen parent growing up and becoming a successful part of society. The audience would be teen parents who are struggling who don't see a light at the end of the tunnel of being a teenager and pregnant. I want it to be an encouraging article, but I don't want to encourage teen pregnancy ( I was a teen mom) in any way. I want to build up and encourage others Show the teen's parents good things can happen.....

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
If that's the case, you may want to look at support organizations with publishing arms. I don't know if there are any in this field. Look for schools and social service programs locally and ask the professionals for magazines they keep in their libraries. Pitch the article to case workers and see if you get interest or help. These professionals are the ones who would be handing the article to your target readers. I wish I could suggest something more specific.