Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DL, that is the coolest "blank" post ever. (Did you post a pic that got removed or are you posting in "invisible" text again?)

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
So many blank posts by DL lately. Hmm...I wonder if Susie is stealing all her pics...

Good late evening, Queen. I had to work late so couldn't get in here for all the festivities. Music and dancers were lovely. Play what you like and let others know and they can call up some musicians as well for you. :) Prince Steven usually takes care of the music, but I'm sure we can come up with something while he is away.

Now if you don't mind, I think I'll head off to the wine cellar for a bit. Just to make sure that all is well down there. ;)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

Breakfast:

Morningcoffee.jpg

buffet-1.jpg
creamcheesescrambledeggsbaconsausag.jpg
Picture013.jpg

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
DL Hegel, we do wonder about the blank post. Is everything alright?

And a gracious evening to you, loyal Night-Flyer. How is the wine? Have you chanced upon a priceless vintage? Do mind the Wine Serpents in the cellar, however; they become quite vexed when one does not announce one's arrival before arriving.

And another sumptuous breakfast selection! We must endeavour to use the waist trimming belt more.

Today, we are content to enjoy the flowers of our royal garden:

7068146865_289284872c.jpg

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Oh a royal sheep throne...hm...creepy. Not some of your family members, I hope bos.

DL Hegel, we do wonder about the blank post. Is everything alright?

And a gracious evening to you, loyal Night-Flyer. How is the wine? Have you chanced upon a priceless vintage? Do mind the Wine Serpents in the cellar, however; they become quite vexed when one does not announce one's arrival before arriving.

I think Duchess Ambrosia hides all the priceless ones off in another cellar for you, My Queen. However these are just fine for me. Wine Serpents you say? pfft. As soon as I pop a cork they're like begging puppies with their tails waggin'.

Now I must go see to the mushrooms out by the river to make sure they're all safe. A dragon's work is never done! Don't worry if I'm gone for a while, sampling and guarding mushrooms takes time, but I do it for the kingdom!

Your loyal dragon. *bows*

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooo...fresh mushrooms sound yummy. I've been on a mushroom kick the past year. I like them on everything. Pizza, sandwiches, salads, etc.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Your Majesty, royals! Looks like the kitchen staff is snoozing again. :D
EggsoverEasyGrits.jpg

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here, this should help:

sheep_chair-400x441.jpg

I'm sorry. But that is just WRONG. I can see using every part of the sheep, but...no. Not the heads. The legs as legs for the chair, sure. I would even consider that as questionable but a matter of preference. But the stuffed heads? NO. That is just tacky and icky beyond measure.

Good morning, dear Royals.

(O.k., yes I know it is now 5 minutes past noon here, but other places in the Realm are still morning, so I will go with that. :tongue )

Duchess Mary, thank you for seeing to the breakfast this morning. I have been spending the morning with Amber, loving her and spending the sunny morning outside with her walking and sitting and smelling the wind. It seemed like the right thing to do since it was so lovely. Now the clouds are rolling in and we are inside. She is sleeping. After my greetings here, I am going to read for a bit.

Have a wonderful Thursday, Court. :)

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
LAST NIGHT

Last night, as I was sleeping,
I dreamt --marvellous error!--
that a spring was breaking
out in my heart.
I said: Along which secret aqueduct,
Oh water, are you coming to me,
water of a new life
that I have never drunk?

that I had a beehive
here inside my heart.
And the golden bees
were making white combs
and sweet honey
from my old failures.

that a fiery sun was giving
light inside my heart.
It was fiery because I felt
warmth as from a hearth,
and sun because it gave light
and brought tears to my eyes.

Last night, as I slept,
that it was God I had
here inside my heart.

-ANTONIO MACHADO, as translated by Robert Bly in The Rag and Bone Shop of the Heart, A Poetry Anthology, HarperPerennial, HarperCollins, 1993

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Great breakfast!!

Happy Friday the 13th, royals!! :evil

Weeee! Maybe my day will go better now. :D

Good morning, Royals.

Anyone want an adorable miniature stallion? If my neighbor doesn't come get him soon, I'm going to give the little stinker away.

He's been here three weeks straight. Yesterday he harassed my little mare so bad, she ran through the fence. The last three times her boy was over to visit my son, I told him to take his horse home. Which he did.
Guess who was back the very next morning?

It should be a clue, that, if you are asked to take your horse home, it means for more than just overnight. :e2smack:

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
Friday the 13th? Yowza! I need to find a place to hide... Wicked, can I borrow your dungeon?

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Friday the 13th? Yowza! I need to find a place to hide... Wicked, can I borrow your dungeon?

You're not afraid of snakes, spiders, various monsters, or cannibal mermaids, are you? :tongue

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It should be a clue, that, if you are asked to take your horse home, it means for more than just overnight. :e2smack:

According to many Native Americans, horse tastes better than cow. That would be something I'd mention to the neighbors.

:evil

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
According to many Native Americans, horse tastes better than cow. That would be something I'd mention to the neighbors.

:evil

:tongue I'm not sure I could ever bring myself to eat horse. Not even midget, pain in the butt, ran my mare through the fence, horse.

Ha. Hubby said, "Let's sell it".
Yeah, I think the brand inspector would take issue with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.