Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
I normally wouldn't even consider doing extra work. But I'm procrastinating from working on my NaNo. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
well whenever i have time again i'll add those books to my list. Thank you for clearing it up a little more... Hummm I'm really totally lost at what the hell my book would be under now. I'm not good at categorizing. considering i dont know 90% of the categories.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of asking for extra credit for doing NaNo. I don't know. Last I checked I had 99% in Lit.

I just took amazing notes on this presentation of three colleges in NaNo. I kinda wanna go to Rollins right now.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
kind of hit a wall with my writing. I really dont feel like plotting right now.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Lucky! Yeah i just drew up a really huge Map of my land on peices of paper i taped together. Now i'm writing up what all the different area's are and what inhabits them.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
The rest of my night consists of...more NF writing, answering a few emails related to the book, going shopping with a friend around 9, and packing for Youmacon (which is tomorrow through Sunday).

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Ducking in here while I angst about not wanting to studying audit just yet~~

Chipping into the contemporary fantasy discussion - in this case, it might be better to read adult UF. There's some really great ones out there. I particularly love Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series (she also wrote the Morganville Vampire series which is YA UF) and also Kim Harrison's Hollows series (amazing, amazing world building). I hear that China Mieville is really good.

In terms of YA UF, Melissa Marr and Sarah Rees Brennan and Holly Black are authors that immediately come to mind. Melissa Marr's series crosses into PR though, so if you want to avoid romance, maybe cross off Melissa Marr - though her writing is quite good.

Tally - ask for the extra credit! Not many people can say they got 100% in a subject!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
busy night. I need a nap... but i know if i take one i wont wake up till late then screw myself over with writing.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ducking in here while I angst about not wanting to studying audit just yet~~

Chipping into the contemporary fantasy discussion - in this case, it might be better to read adult UF. There's some really great ones out there. I particularly love Rachel Caine's Weather Warden series (she also wrote the Morganville Vampire series which is YA UF) and also Kim Harrison's Hollows series (amazing, amazing world building). I hear that China Mieville is really good.

I'm not really looking for books that are Contemporary or urban fantasy just what exactly the definitions are. I'm just trying to figure out what mine would be... I know its fantasy... at least 2/3 fantasy. I guess the other 1/3 could be crime drama? See this is why i dont like genre's i have a lot of different genre's all mixed up into one in this damn book.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I think A-Kon just became my favorite anime convention and I haven't even attended it yet.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
Wow - I'm impressed! ... umm seize the opportunity to be able to say you've achieved multiple 100% :D

I've always wondered - now big is Nano as a thing? I'm guess the 'Na' comes from 'national' as in USA national... do schools promote it or not really?

Eta - amp, just got excited there cause I have a great love for UF and the genre has been on the wane since last year. There's rarely any UF released anymore, just PR, or UF that is really PR.

Maybe it's just me but I always find that there's usually a dominant genre in books. Even if the genre is all over the place, it's highly unusual that you won't be able to say 'This is fantasy!' or 'This is contemporary!'

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Holy crap. I'm gone from best language student in the grade to the worst in the class. And the teacher basically says that in from dyne whole class. And my teacher went to school with my dad, for gods sake.

This is a bad start to the year. *headdesk*

I had to get that out there... To the public...

But anyways. I need sleep, and I felt bad that I hadn't posted here in a while.

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
That sounds really unfair, Tay. Don't take it to heart. Some teachers suck. If you had issues with performance, the teacher should have spoken to you in private evk if they are a family friend.
I've never been to an anime con, or any con before. It sounds like loads of fun :) are you going to cosplay?

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor, that sucks!

Oh, I always cosplay. This weekend for Youma I'm taking my Shizuo Heiwajima, Fem!Shizuo, Tsukishima!Shizuo (I cosplay way too many versions of him, lol), Tamaki Suoh, and a schoolgirl version of Mami Tomoe. It'll be fun :D

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Tamaki is my boyfriend. You are my sister. This be strange.

So, yay! I made up with a friend and we're having a writing session on Saturday at a café. We may be the only two people in Cayman who NaNo.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I disappeared! Got sidetracked!

Hi Ally - I'm doing all right. And yeah, it's been a while. A LONG WHILE lol.

Sooo I'm working on Pdd for NaNo. I just had a really weird otherworldly feeling that I needed to stop working on CMRH and work on Podd instead.

It's a paranormal romance lol.

I'm a little behind though, but I do expect to catch up soon!

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and Ally, my favorite YA Urban Fantasy series starts with a book called The Demon's Lexicon. It's fantastically good (Para will back that up), and the first novel is written in the POV of a sociopath.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, hows it going? Sure is quiet on here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.