Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Komnena

In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah
Registered
Reaction score
Roomie has lived on the bottom floor of our house for several years. His mind is functioning normally, I think, but his body isn't. Thanks for all the prayers and concern.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While I'd never wish a stroke on anyone, of course, it sounds like normal brain function is to be prized. With luck and treatment, hopefully the physical function will return.

My MIL had a stroke right before Kid Two was born and was in a bad way for some time. But she recovered nearly fully, with only a foot which tended to 'drop' when she was tired. It didn't impact her activities much and she lived many more healthy years.

Maryn, hoping the roomie does as well

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Hump Day to the HOL'ers.

Today has been very slow at work. I'm ready for a nap.

Wednesday always makes me sleepy.

*yawn, stretch, yawn again*

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, HOL-heads. Before I forget, just a heads-up that I'll be doing some traveling, leaving early Friday morning and returning Monday night. I may be able to get online from our destination, but it's not a sure thing. So, carry on without me. (Like you weren't going to anyway, huh?)

Maryn, doing laundry somewhat frantically

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you have a good time.

I'm still in pain from my pinched nerve and hip problems. But I went to a message therapist last week and I am going again tonight. Following her advice I think I am improving.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pain, bad. Improvement, good.

I think I'm packed except for make-up I'll use tomorrow morning. My suitcase weighs what The Kid would term a fuck-ton. Lucky me, I get to roll and tote it about three-quarters of a mile to the hotel. I hope it's not raining.

Maryn, who just realized her raincoat needs to go in there

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly. A writers' badge of honor.

Maryn, who got one yesterday

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Sassy, I'm hurting for you. I know what that's like all too well. Have you ever tried acupuncture? Another thing to consider is a product called Max. It's a glutathione booster--mind you I said booster, not supplement. I'm not ordinarily a promoter of yet another "miracle cure" and all the stuff out there that just floods the market, but I began taking Max about two years ago and it made a huge improvement in my overall health in too many ways to detail here. But one of the things it helped immensely was reduction of inflammation and pain from a lifetime of suffering from spinal and other injuries. Never mind the claims, the proof's in the pudding and that's what sold me. So, it's just a thought.

Hooray to you and Maryn for the rejections! Every no you get is that much closer to a yes. I haven't had a rejection in a while, so what does that tell you? No, not that things have been getting accepted. Yeah, the other answer, I'm ashamed to admit. But, then, my novel isn't done yet and that's my primary focus. I'm looking forward to the day it can be rejected.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sneaks BKiddo some B-complex tablets and miso broth*

Thanks hon. I should be taking a B-complex every day anyway.

Hiya, HOL-heads. Before I forget, just a heads-up that I'll be doing some traveling, leaving early Friday morning and returning Monday night. I may be able to get online from our destination, but it's not a sure thing. So, carry on without me. (Like you weren't going to anyway, huh?)

Maryn, doing laundry somewhat frantically

Wherez ya going?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
(Sh, okay? I'm keeping a low profile because I'm sure Mr. Maryn, being even more shy than I am, would not want to visit any AWers in NYC. We take the train early in the morning and arrive by dinner. We hope.)

(Maryn, all parenthetical)

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
So Russ. I read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathione and i still don't know what glutathione is.
:)
Well, that Wiki article details it pretty well. But, to put it in simpler terms, glutathione is the human body's master antioxidant. Antioxidants prevent damage to our bodies caused by free radicals. Glutathione is produced naturally by the human body, but its production drops significantly as we age, even by age 30.

What I've experienced since taking it is a substantial reduction of inflammation and pain from the injuries I mentioned. Also, my energy has increased and there have been many other improvements.

I'm just about to turn 57. Within a month of taking it regularly, my health and energy returned to something closer to what it was when I was 40. It hasn't turned me into Superman, but my overall health is much better. I don't feel like such an old dog anymore. :snoopy:

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Saturday, Holers! Am I the only one at home on the computer today?

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Mario! Glad to find a friend in the dark.

I'm 'bout the same as usual--calmly going about my day, interested, amused, intrigued, scattered and nearly insane.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Hey House. I'm back working now. This kid is tiring. It could be I'm still slightly recovering...whew...typhus really takes it outta you.

How's the roomie?

Sorry to hear you're stressed Mario. My advice...complete and total diversion.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
that is good news Kmonena.

I hope everyone is well. Mario sorry you are stressed.

Despite me greatest efforts to procrastinate, I wrote this weekend. :)

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're on the mend Pandora but you don't want to relapse. Make sure you get enough rest.

Glad to hear roomie is gradually improving K.

Monday is almost over. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.