Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
The lawsuit seeks at least $260,000 in damages and asks the court to order Aiken to retract the critical comments or endorse the book on his official Web site, to write a positive introduction for the book and to sell the book at his concerts for at least five years.

Oh. My. God.

Vanity published book through AuthorHouse. Here's the url: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1425905218/?tag=absolutewritedm-20

People are really astounding in their entitlement mentalities sometimes.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Hey, her Amazon sales rank is decent right now. It's hovering around 10,000.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/142590521

The fact it's published through Authorhouse is probably the real reason it's not doing too well.

The lawsuit seeks at least $260,000 in damages and asks the court to order Aiken to retract the critical comments or endorse the book on his official Web site, to write a positive introduction for the book and to sell the book at his concerts for at least five years.

That's awesome. I wish I had thought of that.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, all 565 pages in paperback for only 26.49. I wonder why it isn't selling?

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Damn you, Jenna Glatzer! You posted after I clicked on the thread.

I'm gonna sue you now for $500,000 and demand you put "XThe NavigatorX rules" in your sig.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once wrote a love letter to my favorite TV star and he didn't write back, should I sue him?

I mean really, I can fathom the defaming claim, even if she didn't have permission to write the thing, but demanding he SELL THE BOOK for her, um...where does that come in?

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dang. All the characters in my book are fictional. I'd sue my parents but they aren't rich.

Hmmmm. There must be somebody responsible with wads of cash for me to sue.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wow, Nav. We're so on the same wavelength today. :)

Please don't sue me. I don't want to have to unleash my wrath again. Whole cities could crumble.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
asks the court to order Aiken to retract the critical comments or endorse the book on his official Web site, to write a positive introduction for the book and to sell the book at his concerts for at least five years.

I don't even know what to say but "wow". So I can write a book that is so bad it will only be published through a vanity publisher and then sue the person I wrote it about to force them to endorse it and sell it for me...

Wow...

If she wins this lawsuit, that's it...I'm packing up and moving to Canada because I will have become completely disillusioned with the American justice system. I'm close, but this would push me over the edge.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow - - I wanna be manhandled by a bodyguard !! How come I'm never manhandled by bodyguards???

Who do I have to sue to get manhandled by a bodyguard ?!?

AceTachyon

Odd person
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.abnersenires.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Please don't sue me. I don't want to have to unleash my wrath again. Whole cities could crumble.

Jenna the Gozerian.
Jenna the Destructor.
Vulga-sildhrohar
The Traveller has come.
Choose and perish.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
This is incredible. Maybe everyone who writes an unauthorized bio of a star should sue the star for not endorsing it. They have no idea how much the "unauthorized" stigma effects sales!

I'm not one for American Idol, but I've always liked Clay Aiken. He seems like a really down to earth guy who just likes to sing, and has a talent for it. He deserves better.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
So, uh, she's suing Clay for the right to be his stalker?

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You fail to see the beauty in this, Dave. She's suing him so he'll pay her to be his stalker, and encourage his legions of fans to pay her to stalk him, too.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
JennaGlatzer said:
You fail to see the beauty in this, Dave. She's suing him so he'll pay her to be his stalker, and encourage his legions of fans to pay her to stalk him, too.

Dude, I have to try this trick on Patrick Dempsey. Anyone know someone who knows someone who met Patrick once? Tell me stories, and we'll split profits and stalker rights!

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:

She's clever. But she's no match for the woman who obsessed with David Letterman, and then filed a restraining order against him.

DeborahM

I need espresso & chocolate!
Registered
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Dude, I have to try this trick on Patrick Dempsey. Anyone know someone who knows someone who met Patrick once? Tell me stories, and we'll split profits and stalker rights!

I met Trini Lopez once, does that help?

He was putting a big red ribbon and bow on the car he got his father for christmas back in 1966. I asked if I could help, but he graciously said he got it. Naw, limitations are past.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this opens up a whole new marketing method for my erotic imaginings about Keanu...

Maryn, whose lawyer-husband has been no help at all

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Indeed. I'm going to whip together an unauthorized bio of Jason Statham right now, just in the hopes he might show up and manhandle me himself.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
:Jaw: ....and someone accused me of being the mistress of evil. Gracious. I've just been dumpped.

So the only thing left for me to do, is to change the make and model of every vehicle in my novel to FORD. Then, if they don't buy enough copies of my book to put in the glove box of every FORD sold after June 30, 2007, I'm gonna sue them.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking of writing my autobiography, labeling it unauthorized, suing myself for refusing to endorse it, taking out a restraining order against myself, and sneaking in and beating the hell out of myself one late night. Maybe I could get a nice place with room and board paid where I can do nothing but write all day--between electroshock treatments.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't sue yourself, sue your homeowner's ins. Then you can retire :) and live on a beach and you only have to do the shock therapy for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.