The Next Circle of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
321178_2465179430762_1290544496_32908824_237916416_n.jpg

Snatched this off FB this morning - something about it made me giggle - and spew diet coke - at the same time.

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Love it. Triple love. Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian pals!!!

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
321178_2465179430762_1290544496_32908824_237916416_n.jpg

Snatched this off FB this morning - something about it made me giggle - and spew diet coke - at the same time.
Harh! That reminds me -- I've watched everything I've DVR'd but I haven't watched my Blu-Ray Twilight trilogy in a while. Go-figure success rulez! Hope you hellions are having a nice Monday.

(I wonder what King will say about The Night Circus?)

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Those are hilarious, Peggy. Thanks for sharing.

Monday was awful. Just hands down awful. Hoping Tuesday has slightly less suckage in it.

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
I AM so happy, and so, so relieved!

The part that made me smile was when A's revision suggestions completely matched up with my oldest writing friend's critique. It was so spot on, I was sure they must've conferred or something. It was a magical "I'm in good hands!" kind of moment.

The book *is* stronger for the changes. There's just no way we can catch everything ourselves, and fresh, trusted eyes are crucial. And me, not having to worry so much? Priceless.

A thought she could sell it as is, or we could make it even stronger. I opted for stronger. YAY!

I think this is the book, guys. I'm as terrified of it as I am excited.

As always, thanks for the support, cheers and love. : )

Spezna, anyone?

Em

Em, it makes me giddy happy that you are so happy with your MS and A now!! You deserve 100% enthusiasm behind your work!!

Last edited:

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, my Canadian friends!

Hillary, hugs and hopes for an *awesome* Tuesday!

Other Lisa, luck and pluck for the revisions you're doing. It's always something, isn't it? A writer's work is never done, winks.

Just good things for everyone. I wish it for you as much as I wish it, too.

Em

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
Em, I'm just doing page proofs (well, and writing the first draft of the next book). This is, I forgot who else said it here, you know these are more or less the pages that are going to press and it's this at times "Oh, crap! This book SUCKS and it's getting PUBLISHED with MY NAME ON IT!!!!" So not really a lot of room for revisions at this point. Little things here and there and mostly catching formatting errors. AIYEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Tracy, Em and Cloud.

Rock on, Em!

And EEEK to Lisa. I'm sure you've made it the best it can be, and that it'll be awesome.

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Em, fantastic! I've watched you suffer too much here. I'm glad you're now enjoying the cooler breezes of pre-publication hell.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
For some reason when I was doing copyedits, I was too fixated on having to make all these teeny tiny anal decisions about things to go, "OMGMYBOOKSUCKS!!!!" which given the number of times I'd already come to that conclusion previously was sort of a relief. Page proofs, though, those start feeling verrry final.

I'm feeling better about it now, you know, it comes and goes. The Emo-Coaster ride!

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's a natural feeling for anyone who makes it as far as you have Lisa. A certain level of self-doubt is essential or you'd be one of those authors angrily e-mailing agents who reject you with complaints about how short-sighted and stupid the agent is for not discerning the brilliance of your work.

At some point most artists (including authors) seem to lose touch with that feeling, they gain confidence but become either far more erratic, or simply experience a drop in their quality as a result (I think of George Lucas as a perfect example of this).

Sweet Tea

Gone to pee - don't touch my glass!
Registered
Reaction score
Sending hugs to all who need them...which is pretty much most of us, I guess.

I am officially on BEACH countdown - heading to the gulf coast for our annual Halloween vacay. Hubs, pupster, and me - Oh, and I'm taking all of you with me - grab your laptops, your flip-flops, and your SPF 50.

Last year's beach trip SUCKED like a thousand Hoovers. I had just gone out on round one sub, and was waiting for Fr33 Pr3ss to decide if they were in love with my book - which, apparently turned out to be nothing more than a distracting case of lust. Got the rejection while I was sitting on the balcony of our 10th floor condo - came damn close to hurling laptop off balcony. Seriously damn close.

This year, I will be writing at the beach...and drinking at the beach (some things never change), and I promise to post a pic of Matt-the-towel-boy when I get back...can you say YUM?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I am officially on BEACH countdown - heading to the gulf coast for our annual Halloween vacay. Hubs, pupster, and me - Oh, and I'm taking all of you with me - grab your laptops, your flip-flops, and your SPF 50.

Yesss!

Have a great time, Sweet Tea. And, you know, say hi to Matt-ttb for us. ;)

HorsebackWriter

Dream at a gallop!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Miss Plum. You're a sweetie.

It's the lovliest hell though, isn't it?

We get to follow our dreams. We wouldn't even have rejections if we weren't following our dreams.

Just gives every day life that extra oomph.

Em

Em, fantastic! I've watched you suffer too much here. I'm glad you're now enjoying the cooler breezes of pre-publication hell.

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Sweet tea - I had a similar experience on vacation this summer...You'd think being on sub while on vacation would be GOOD, what with all the distractions. But if there's internet access...it can end up being really REALLY bad.

Enjoy the beach and the towel boy and the drinks!! Hope it's a great time this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.