I have arrived! Tremble before my awesome might!

Jacquelyn Hyde

Mistress of Puns
Registered
Reaction score
...or, you know, just offer greetings, welcomes, or mini-muffin sampler baskets... whatever's good for you.

And now for more than you ever wanted to know about moi...

I'm a dirt poor writer tooling around the internet on 56k and living in a garage. To be fair, it's a very nice garage; with a bathroom and kitchen and upstairs bedroom... but it's still a garage.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how long I've been writing. Over the years, actress, astronaut, and first female president have fallen by that horrible maturity wayside, but writing has remained a constant in my life. Simplified version: must/can/do write.

A few months ago, I was forced to strike it out on my own. ("own" meaning alone, meaning by myself if we're not discriminating between my pets and my boyfriend - and I don't.) I packed up my bags and put a state between myself and an abusive home life... In retrospect, I may have owned too many books to just pick up and leave - but, hindsight is better than foresight. wait. what? 20/20... So, between trying to make a living doing menial work and attempting to further my education, I write.

I happened upon this board while Google’ing for critique partners. I have my eye on that beta/mentor board, and will probably skulk on down there after posting here.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
((((((((YOU)))))))

Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
HI!!
(I could cook you something but it probably wouldn't taste very good)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
Your intro was kickass.

Just sayin'.

Hi, btw. I'm Hillary. Know what's odd? I registered here a while back, and there were like ninety kajillion members, but the name "Hillary" was still available. Apparently, I'm not creative. But I like that you just have a name - it always makes me feel less alone.

Anyway, glad to see you here at the cooler. Grab a cup and drink deeply of our sweet, sweet nectar.

Dear God, that sounded creepy...

I'll leave now.

Jacquelyn Hyde

Mistress of Puns
Registered
Reaction score
Your intro was kickass.

Just sayin'.

Hi, btw. I'm Hillary. Know what's odd? I registered here a while back, and there were like ninety kajillion members, but the name "Hillary" was still available. Apparently, I'm not creative. But I like that you just have a name - it always makes me feel less alone.

Anyway, glad to see you here at the cooler. Grab a cup and drink deeply of our sweet, sweet nectar.

Dear God, that sounded creepy...

I'll leave now.

Lol, I think Hillary is a fine user name. I did consider using my real name as a screen name, but in the end I just went with one of the many pun names I toss around like candy... not that people often toss around candy; I just couldn't think of a good simile to stick there.