How'd You Find This Site?

iammirgarcia

Registered
Reaction score
I really can't count how many times I've seen this forum mentioned elsewhere, in writing blogs, advice columns, etc. Lurked around for a while, then finally decided to join. This place is incredible!

DocMac

Registered
Reaction score
Found it from Janet Reid's blog. Then it took me nearly three years of lurking to actually join!

morngnstar

Registered
Reaction score
Was looking for an online RWA chapter to join, and there was a discussion about it here. They said just join AW.

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
Looking for advice on query letters and formatting, and this site kept coming up in google. I lurked for a while, then got up the nerve to join.

Nguvu

Registered
Reaction score
Researching

I was researching the Writer's Digest Partner and got some great feedback from the members.

unionrdr

wannbe author
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with antaraman on this one. That led me to a site that listed the top 5 sites & I picked this one! I'm really, truly glad I did! y'all are like the second-family sites i'm on, like probetalk & homebrewtalk. They use Vbulletin too.

HeraldMage

Registered
Reaction score
For me, a mod on a site I frequent encouraged us to do the Solstice Story Swap (here if others wanna do it), so... here I am :)

DCVermillion

DC Vermillion
Registered
Reaction score
Someone on wattpad suggested I come here for help on a query letter and whatnot

laridaes

Registered
Reaction score
I don't even remember how I found it - years ago, before I even made this account. I think I had another but couldn't remember the name. This time though I plan to stick around as I am finally re-devoted to the craft of writing, and I get the lonelies. :)

wrecklesswords

Miss Darling Disaster
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me to the site. I decided to join. I don't know if she is actually a member or if she ghosts the site for advice. I'm glad I found it because it looks like this is going to be a very helpful forum!

holy heidi

full of beans
Registered
Reaction score
An acquaintance linked a thread in a larger discussion about an agency/publisher; I came over to read and found it interesting. I poked around a little more and found scads of useful advice and entertaining chit chat so I decided to stay.

smh1024

Registered
Reaction score
I think I googled "Children's Picture Book Critique". At the time I was considering paying for a critique and I saw the SYW forum listed as a better alternative to paying someone.

LalaSant712

Call me Lala, all my friends do :)
Registered
Reaction score
My sister is very into this site. She heard about it at work [she's an editor at a Newspaper] from one of her interns.

Alyssa L.

Registered
Reaction score
I honestly don't even remember how I came across this site. I *think* when I was first learning about the writing and publishing world 5ish years ago I stumbled into this vortex of awesome.

Callegro

Registered
Reaction score
The googles when I typed in something along the lines of writing communities or something like that. I was looking for a NaNo replacement since those forums seemed to have died pretty quickly after November. AW was further down on the page, but by far had the most active forums which is why I picked it.

I'm feeling like an ADD frog though, as I am hoping from one area to another soaking up all sorts of great information as I go.

Balthagor

New Fish; Testing the Waters
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for forums that focus on content creators and found this one. An impressive community, I'll be looking around for a while...

Bryan Methods

Registered
Reaction score
I must confess, I was lurking here for several years looking for nuggets of advice like a very quiet magpie.

The sheer size of the place is overwhelming enough that it took me a very long time to start posting!

Alyssa

Registered
Reaction score
Via Google. I faced a problem concerning how I would end a story. A thread here was among the results.