Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Usually i'm really good with obscure weapons but your going to need to describe the scene a little more. Pretty much anything around you with enough thought and force can stab someone to death.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
My novel seems to have decided it hates me at the moment. And I still have another 3k to write tonight. Weeping, I am begging you to stop being an asshat.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
Since I'm writing one and revising another, I keep switching between them when the one I'm on hates me haha.

I hope it stops being an asshat though!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
My friends: Hey, there's a bixi bike rack!
Me: Yes, there is.
My friends: Let's steal one!
Me: Uh, no.
My friends: Are you afraid?
Me: Of ending up with a criminal record at age fifteen and therefore limiting all my future opportunities? Um, yes.

Honestly, I don't understand these people. I'm only actually friends with, like, three or four out of the fifteen I'm talking about.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Good for not giving into peer pressure.

Although this is going to sound stupid, i kind of wish i had done something stupid like that though when i was younger. Why? Yes, i know stealing is wrong and stuff and Honestly i've never stolen anything what-so-ever in my life, but i regret now, not living.... Never did anything adventurous my whole life really, and that is a shame.

I'm not telling you to steal though Tally, stealing is still wrong.

But you wont get a criminal record, as soon as your 18 the records are sealed and so it wont limit your future.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Some things can affect your future, like if you bring an illegal substance through the border. Or try to. :p

IMO, if you plan to live until, say, 100, the first 20% should not be the most important.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think I'd qualify committing an illegal act as adventurous in a good way.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's an unusual item to stab someone to death with? It has to be found in a house in the 1880s though.

A shard of glass from a broken mirror.

And as the killer jabs the mirror into the victim's chest, she sees his shocked and horrorified face reflected in the mirror....

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Smish. But now I'm stuck on how to dispose of the dead body without just dumping it out on the street...

lilly1326001

Mmm... On a coffee high
Registered
Reaction score
Won't it be found if a character just chucked it in a river, and I already did the tie a rock to the body and let it sink and decay thing.

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
Chop it up and feed it to the farm animals. :D

*is trying to figure out what kind of farm animals you have that are carnivorous*

Won't it be found if a character just chucked it in a river, and I already did the tie a rock to the body and let it sink and decay thing.

Bury it in the woods?

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
*is trying to figure out what kind of farm animals you have that are carnivorous*

Pigs work for that.

Also... NYC in 1880... hmm. It's NYC, there's always construction... ditch it at a construction site?

L_Swann

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, good! How are you?

I actually got online to ask a question about writing synopses but now I've forgotten my question. I got a request for a synopsis with 50 pages from an agent today and I'm thoroughly freaked out (in a good way, of course)!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I'm busy glaring at my jerk of a WIP. It seems to start hating me every time I get through a major scene.

Congratulations! :hooray:

L_Swann

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, no. I'm sorry. I'm not sure whether to leave you alone so you can be productive or to keep distracting you. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.