When Your Political Leaders Make You Ashamed

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
An eight year old orphaned child named Seena Akhliqi Sheikhdost who buried his parents on Tuesday, is being sent back to detention on Christmas Island today. This child is traumatised from fleeing his homeland, then watching both parents die in front of him in the boat tragedy off Christmas Island, while nearly drowing himself. As a matter of basic compassion towards this orphan child, he must be released into the care of existing family in Sydney.
from ChilOut's website.

Click Here For Link to news update

Makes me so angry. Poor little boy.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Breaking News: They've just announced the child will be released into the care of his relatives.
Apparently he was flown back to detention under cover of darkness this morning - his relatives were told when they went to say goodbye that he'd gone.

For whatever reason now, they're flying him back.

For whatever reason. Or, you know, because of not being totally inhumane.

**Sigh**

Thank heavens for groups like ChilOut :)

Last edited:

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness!
I spent 8 years being ashamed of George Bush + the two years since he left still being ashamed of his tactics and those who started wars and torture on his behalf.

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Thank goodness!
I spent 8 years being ashamed of George Bush + the two years since he left still being ashamed of his tactics and those who started wars and torture on his behalf.

Yeah, because that was ALL George Bush, wasn't it?

*rolls eyes*

Glad to hear about the little boy.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's try to keep this one on what's happened in Australia and not the US, since that's what the OP's talkin' about. :) Thanks.

PinkAmy

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, because that was ALL George Bush, wasn't it?
those were his less bad points.
et's try to keep this one on what's happened in Australia and not the US, since that's what the OP's talkin' about. Thanks.

I was empathizing with the title of her post :) "when your political leaders make you ashamed" (--->thinks maybe australia isn't familiar with being ashamed of political leaders).