Grandma Susie's House of FUNNERS 'N FLOOZIES (Volume III)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget the gas stations and convenience stores. People top off their tanks and stock up on beef jerky and Hostess Ding Dongs.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
It snowed here yesterday, just enough to dust the grass and people crowded the grocery store and where I work like there was going to be no tomorrow. It was warm here today-in the forties. No snow.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
We've finally gotten a dose of winter. Okay. I'm good. Bring on spring. :D

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If we can make it here another two or three weeks winter will usually be about over. It might still get cold, or it might snow, but it won't last.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Well it's chilly here if you must know. Down to 59 degrees. Shaddup A/C! :D
One of our museums is doing an exhibit of Titanic artifacts, about 800 of them. The tickets are $27. ACK. It's a good thing we went to the Queen Mary a few years ago and saw most of them. That price just seems ridiculous.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is ridiculous.

Do you remember the show they did not too long after finding the Titanic. It was almost as bad as the one about "Al Capone's vault".

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
It's not the temperature, it's the humidity. . . . . nah, not really. It's the cheapo california construction. House we rent has no insulation. But it keeps the heat in... in the summer. and keeps the cold in... in the winter.

Today was typical winter day here- 75 outside, 63 inside.

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
Evening, all!

It's been a roller coaster kinda day. Worker's Comp has been caught in a lie, AND they didn't bother to pay me. Yippee. :rant:

BUT...we got a call, and Wolf's references are being checked, and he goes to get a crim check on Monday. :hooray:

All that goes well (and no reason we know of that it wouldn't) and it sounds like he has the job!!! :snoopy:

Which means, *sob* that I'll be a rare sight on the boards...btwn homeschooling the 3 kids, 3 mth old baby, I'll now be adding 1 armed packing into my daily events... :cry:

*chains herself to the desk in protest*

I need to get a laptop. :tongue

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Imp!
Don't envy you. Every time I see a woman with tinies, I think "Thank God we're past all that!"

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
Hi, Imp!
Don't envy you. Every time I see a woman with tinies, I think "Thank God we're past all that!"
Funny, the baby is the EASIEST part of everything! Since he was about 5 mins old, he's been laid back, perfectly content to watch the action of his elder sibs.

We've nicked him 'Budda Baby'. Our other kids (at home...eldest is in the Navy) are dd 13, ds 7 (next wk) dd5. Dd 13 is an awesome help...very lucky. Plus dh is on parental leave right now, so he's home ft until he (hopefully!) starts the new job...or he'll return to his old one on the same date.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy the help while it lasts. I know when mine were tinies, I could come home from a 12-14 hr. day and my (now ex-)wife would just say "they're yours".

Not a huge surprise that I ended up with full custody............

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
Enjoy the help while it lasts. I know when mine were tinies, I could come home from a 12-14 hr. day and my (now ex-)wife would just say "they're yours".

Not a huge surprise that I ended up with full custody............
I'm honestly very lucky. Wolf has always been an extremely involved Dad, and since my getting hurt at work, he's had to take over most of the house work...amazing at how many things take 2 hands!

Sorry about your ex. She sounds like a real treat.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, house of housework!!

I'm joining you all in that activity. My entire living room, dining room and hallways (2) are covered in a thick layer of gray cement-dust. This includes all the pictures and furniture (which I had no place to put out of the way and not enough dust covers for). So the ceiling to floor, wall-to-wall clean up starts now.

Don't you all just seriously envy me? :roll:

Have a great Satuday anyway. :D

Purple Rose

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alxblog.net
Good night house of snow bunnies, renovators and deathly silence. Enjoy your day while I call it an early night. Actually goning to watch something on DVD for an hour or so and then off to bed. Happy weekend!

swachski

checking the 'reset' box
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Son of a bijon frise it's cold here today! Only 5°F. *adds more firewood to the oven*

AC, the cinnamon buns and cookies never made it here. I think you overshot and they landed in Lake Superior. Oh, well, I have coffeecake. And coffee, of course. :)

Sounds like a cleaning day for most of us. I have a teenager birthday party to prepare for. Fortunately, teenage boys just don't see dirt and clutter, so I don't have to go crazy.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't, the cat is sleeping in there.

Besides, I'm doing my homework.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've just been out watching them try to clear a passage through the ice on the river here. Lot of river freight in these parts, and the cold weather is grinding it to a halt.

Status
Not open for further replies.