Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but people of worth have to pick up the slackers slack. And then the slacker says 'why do they schedule doctor's appointments during work hours?' As if they have sole monopoly on the right to leave work because they are so fking special.

Said person also came to me about a crisis, which I don't think I shared because the stupid hurt too much:

Stupid: I need to take a longer break. Maybe. I'm not sure, but it's really important.

Me: ummm. What?

S: I am trying to get in touch with my kid's school but no one is answering right now.

M: ummm. We are done work in a few hours. You can call then.

S: No, it's really important.

M: You can't just take a longer break to call someone. It affects the team. Leave the person a message.

S: But the teacher assigned my kids a book to read and I just found out it has drug use in it.

M: :Wha: Um, you do realize sheltering your kids will only make them more likely to experiment, yes?

S: But it's not just that.

M: *Attempts to give a damn about this conversation. Fails.*

S continues, in a lowered voice: It has gay people in it.

M: *I consider lying and saying I'm gay* None of this is a good reason to take an extended break. And your attitude toward homosexuality is really inapropriate *feels really sorry for her kids, regardless of orientation*

S: *babbles*

M: This is not an emergency. Get back to work.

There's just no helping people this thick.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tea should be in more WIPs. *finds places to include tea in Secret Santa*

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Current WIP is a bit of an environmental dystopian. So, let's just say tea is hard to come by and heroine is VERY pleased.

TEA! <-- That is not in the WIP, but totally the sentiment.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but people of worth have to pick up the slackers slack.

Yes.

It's not fair and it's exceedingly unpleasant, but this is the way of the world . The worst people are, amazingly, the least aware of it. So, my suggestion is that you find ways to desensitize yourself to it and carry on because they won't go away and their idiocy does not seem to affect them, though it will have an adverse affect on you, namely stress (or rage, depending on how you're built). Put your energy into trying to ease borderline cases into being productive and decent people, and treat the other consistently but firmly.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Poor abused livers of the world.

Yes.

It's not fair and it's exceedingly unpleasant, but this is the way of the world . The worst people are, amazingly, the least aware of it. So, my suggestion is that you find ways to desensitize yourself to it and carry on because they won't go away and their idiocy does not seem to affect them, though it will have an adverse affect on you, namely stress (or rage, depending on how you're built). Put your energy into trying to ease borderline cases into being productive and decent people, and treat the other consistently but firmly.

I think I will print this and pin it to my office door, sans context.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, then I'm happy and sad for you.

:)/:(

Facing in or facing out?

I leave my door open 99% of the time, so it will face my desk but still be visible to those who approach.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Happy Birthday Max

And gosh, I'm tired. Apparently, this is becoming a thing - fine until 12. want to collapse, okay again by 2, then fine all the way through till midnight.

I just want to sleep. But I have stuff to do before I start work tonight, at 6pm

ETA: Okay, half an hour nap it is

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That should have said Secret Solstice. My bad.

Hallo, Eye. And goodnight all.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back, folks. Did you miss me? There's no way I'm backreading four days' worth of posts, but hopefully everyone is well and was busy writing their little fingers off while I was gone :)

SF convention was awesome fun, but yikes am I tired.

N.P. Browning

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Max :D

Somehow tea has worked its way into my current WIP. Somehow, I felt the Cantina should know.

What's everyone up to?

Just started week 3 of writing an in-tandem Romance novel with my best friend. He's been trying to get started writing, but can never work up the nerve to actually get going. So we each write 1000 words a week towards this Romance (Wanted to go outside the comfort zone for practice.) He's writing the female character and I'm writing the dude. Needless to say, it's turning out rather interesting.

How's everyone doing this chilly evening?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
'Night, Fen.

Hi, Zan! Glad you had a good time, though I don't envy you the post-con fatigue.

Interesting tactic, N.P. Do you both read romance?

Status
Not open for further replies.