Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
If you want my honest opinion, don't mess around with married women. It's not fair to anyone involved, including you.

Should I stay or should I go If I go there will be trouble And if I stay it will be double

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your opinion Sassy. It's much appreciated.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]You know I just wanna help. I don’t want to cause an unintended slight to her sweet and generous personality.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I presume there are benefits to adultery especially when committed with a much younger man (or a woman). [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can enjoy simultaneously a new relationship and the comfort of your old marriage.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's supposed to be a fun thing and also eliminates the need for divorce. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anyway I'm waiting for call from her and then we'll go from there.[/FONT]

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Good one, Trevor.

It all make sense. It's a true story.

Dr. Joseph Mortimer Granville invented it in the name of science back in 1880.

The pelvic massage was a common treatment doctors prescribed and personally applied for a female hysteria.

Now a capable doctor can manage at least twenty to thirty patients a day. That's a lot of work.
I guess it saved them doctors since they suffered fatigued wrists and hands after administering the treatment to so many patients.

Gotta see the movie.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you found it useful, Trevor.

I just finished the best thriller I've read in a while. Anybody like the genre? Check out Stephen White's "Kill Me." A rich guy signs up for an 'insurance' policy guaranteeing his looks-accidental death if he ever reaches a certain level of disability or pain--and he can't find a way to cancel the policy when one seems inevitable.

Maryn, who read it instead of the paper

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
With everyone out in their yards and gardens now that Spring has arrived, has anyone encountered any fasciated dandelions or other plants?

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What's 'fasciated' mean when it comes to flowers? Because I pulled some dandelions yesterday. We'd had a big storm the night before, soaking the lawn and garden, so I even got the whole tap root on most of 'em, for a change. Maybe some were fasciated, or fascists, or Facebook friends. I don't know.

I also found a bunch of pupa or whatever you call it for slimy caterpillars, which means that even though I destroyed the ones I found, there are no doubt hundreds I didn't find, ready to chow down when they emerge in a few weeks.

Maryn, amazed that agriculture actually works

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
In this case it means abnormally flattened or joined together—stems and blooms. Also, what's been being seen is unusually thick stems. I haven't found any around here, but I know some have been found along waterways just a state away in Michigan.

I think it's becoming fairly clear that the extent of the effect of the Fukushima reactor meltdown has been downplayed, though I just can't imagine the "involved governments" and mainstream media would do that. ;)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see a double-bloom dandelion now and again, kind of like those conjoined Hensel twins. Somehow that doesn't disturb me nearly as much as those six-legged frogs. The double flowers, I mean. The Hensels, that's fairly disturbing. What kind of lives will they lead? They must be in their late teens by now.

Maryn, thinking their parents did fairly well

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
I see a double-bloom dandelion now and again, kind of like those conjoined Hensel twins. Somehow that doesn't disturb me nearly as much as those six-legged frogs. The double flowers, I mean. The Hensels, that's fairly disturbing. What kind of lives will they lead? They must be in their late teens by now.

Maryn, thinking their parents did fairly well
From what I've read, the Hensel twins haven't had the health problems normally associated with conjoined twins and are doing quite well now at age 22.

But I digress, they having absolutely nothing to do with this: Radiation so high...

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think nuclear power is some scary shit, since humans design and operate the plants. I like the fact that nations are eliminating it, although of course it's too late for Japan.

I wish my city would get rid of its nuclear power plant, but they upgraded it instead.

Maryn, not a fan of playing with (figurative) fire

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
greetings. my A/C is not working. we had a repair woman here yesterday and it was frozen over but it turns out there may be a freon leak but she was out of freon since she came here late in the day and so she couldn't test it to find the leak so we are using fans and open windows. We bought a window unit from Walmart for our bedroom since it will likely be several nights. Luckily we have a warranty and a repair plan so we won't have to pay anything.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes!

We have a craptastic AC unit, part of a package to fleece the unsuspecting new owners of this house. (We already had to replace the furnace installed 15 years ago.) It can't cool the house below 82 or so on warm days. Since I'm usually the only one around during the heat of the day, I'm inclined to forget the AC altogether and just use fans and heat avoidance (going out to a place with AC, spending time in the basement, drinking gin & tonic on lots of ice) during the worst of it. Usually by 8:30 it's fully bearable, and Mr. Maryn's rarely home before 6:30. But no-o-o, we have to run the freakin' AC all day to keep it cool for those two hours. It makes no sense.

/rant

Maryn, who's okay with being a little warm or a little cool

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Hee. I said when I got back from vacation Monday/Tuesday* that the first thing I would do is buy an AC. I was in New Orleans which was ungodly humid and hot. But then I come back, and it's actually cold and rainy and it slipped my mind, plus everything seemed to pile up life wise.
I've never had an AC - I have a box fan and a tiny air cooler fan. The room where my office is, ergo the one I spend all my time at home in, has a ceiling fan that's never worked. The one in my room does, so I can at least run that all night. But I'm already tired of being hot and sweaty and need something before the summer crush starts.

*Headed back Monday night due for a late night arrival, but my first plane was delayed causing an overnight layover in DC. I missed a day of work, which is both good and bad at this point. :D

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
A/C...know what it is, from an Arizona childhood. Having lived within 150 miles of the Canadian border for x decades now (since the Beatles' new vinyl LPs were snapped up on the release dates), I have very limited experience with the devices.
the best thriller I've read in a while. Anybody like the genre?
Oh, yes! Anyone read Claire Davis' stuff? Season of the Snake is scary on a couple of levels. Herpetologist studies rattlesnakes, should have studied her second husband better.
A sunny day in the 70s with mild ocean breezes, everyone is outdoors. If one is hooked on a Jo Nesbo novel (Snowman), better take it outside and read it on a park bench.
Trevor, so stuck on a dialog bit that outdoors looks gr8

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
The coldest I've lived in is about 30 (F) below zero, but inside our man-made snow cave it was probably a toasty 32 degrees...no A/C, no heater 'cept a candle. The hottest was about 115...again, no A/C or fan, no heater.

My ideal is 60s, 70s and 80s at which temps no A/C is needed, of course. I'll soon be headed home :yessmiley (hence my new avatar), where it's usually well within my ideal range. The last time I was there, my house didn't even have an A/C and it was rarely needed. After becoming accustomed to Ohio summers, I'll probably freeze this summer until I acclimate, and I'll love every minute of it. I'm sure Pandora doesn't want to hear it right now. :gaah

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And where was that photograph taken, Russ? Water, sand, railing--could be anywhere!

I am not really down with it being Monday again already.

Maryn, unenthusiastic about her responsibilities

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH I went to Pismo twice for a College youth retreat. We stayed in the rental houses, oh it was lovely.

What up everyone? I love our HVAC company! The woman called yesterday to say she had freon and could come by. Talk about service. So now we're up and running. :)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for cool air! Well, except for mine, because it's only 59 or 60 out and I didn't take a jacket with me to Target.

Where I pronounced myself a genius (nobody else was going to) for not buying the coverlet last week, when I saw it, because this week it's on sale.

I've heard of Pismo Beach, but never been anywhere near it. Perhaps that will one day change, but our daydream of waterfront property is receding like the outgoing tide. Lately we're talking about fixing everything wrong with this house (which is a lot!) and staying where we are. We like the neighborhood and the town, the general area's in reach of many places with one day's drive, and winter is manageable unless you're impatient or a poor planner.

Then Mr. Maryn had to go a mention that if we're aging in place, maybe we should not be considering a two-story house after all. Sooner or later one of us won't be able to deal with stairs, and there's no bedroom or full bath except upstairs.

Maryn, who wasn't planning on aging any more, period

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Lovely it is. If there's such a place as Heaven, I suspect Pismo was sliced from it. :Sun:

Russ Mars

Registered
Reaction score
Sooner or later one of us won't be able to deal with stairs, and there's no bedroom or full bath except upstairs.

Maryn, who wasn't planning on aging any more, period
My 84-year-old mother lives in a two-story house and I wonder if having to make many trips a day up and down the stairs has contributed to her longevity. Her mother had to do the same thing, and she made it to 100.

But, who knows? Genetics may have more to do with it than anything else. Many on both branches of my family have lived into their 90s and 100s, so maybe I've got a shot and Pandora can push me around in my wheelchair. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Genetics plays its part, but I expect the advances in cancer treatment and my lifestyle choices (regular exercise, low-fat diet--but don't get your hopes up, I'm still round) might mean I outlive my parents, who were 62 and 64 at the times of their deaths. (Yikes, that's getting close.)

Of course, it's all a crapshoot. A jet could crash into my house as I slept, and limiting red meat and ice cream wouldn't have made a damned difference.

Maryn, whose wireless is being wonky

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought about stairs when we looked at houses, but there aren't many 1 level houses in our area, and even fewer in our price range. It is so hilly here, houses are built on unlevel ground, with entrances on more than one level, like on the first floor on the front and the basement in the back. (We also have a back deck with tall stairs to the back). There are stairs at every entrance too, unless you slept in the basement- which in our house is the garage.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, DL.

Sassy, in that case, you need to get those knees of yours in peak condition.

Cool and rainy here today; I picked the right day to garden, I guess. Everyone cross your fingers for the grass seed I spread yet again to germinate.

Maryn, whose front yard has lots of bare spots

Status
Not open for further replies.