You can call me Al (but I'd rather you didn't)

Kathleen42

crushing on fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rubbish at intro posts but I've been posting and replying enough that not introducing myself seemed a bit rude.

I'm a thirty year old with a day job and a pesky desire to write (seriously, I would have so much free time and sanity if I could just shut off the whole right side of my brain). I recently finished revising and cleaning up my first book and am planning on querying at the end of January. I've also recently started work on a YA urban fantasy novel.

Favorite books: HHGTTG, Practical Magic, Someplace to be Flying, Microserfs, Good Omens, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, Circle of Friends, In Her Shoes

Likes: Doctor Who, animal crackers, The Kronos Quartet, Gidget, Sarah Harmer, pre-madness Star Wars, complaining about George Lucas

*waves*

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Hello Kathleen42, and welcome.

Cheers,
Rob

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Kathleen!

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Hello, Kathleen, and welcome to AW, a good place to help those 'pesky desires' find some outlet. There's much to discover here; it's endless I've come to find out. Have fun and let those words flow. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
welcome.gif

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Have you stopped by the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread yet?Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun. :D

We also have a brand new Super-Dooper Newbie 'Traditional Irish Pub' thread where you can come and relax, have a drink and practice posting whilst chatting to other newbies and not so new newbies :D .

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies?

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?