XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's a bank holiday over here today. When you're self-employed this near enough makes no difference, it just means several useful places that are normally open on a Monday are closed.

Agreed. This also goes for what some people call 'weekends' and 'evenings' :D

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: I am going to try and stay away from reading the news for 24 hrs. Anyone want to bet how long I actually last?

I've managed to avoid the news for about six years. So obviously it can be done.

Morning folks. Woke up early with bad dreams. Set to do some writing today.

Wassup?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
*wakes up with smibbles in her hair and generally looking like hell*

Urgh. I had chills all night, even though it was not below 20 degrees inside or out, figured they'd go away in the morning, it took me 2 hours to fall asleep... and I woke up with chills. And I still have to go to my appt or I'ma be in trouble. Shoot me in the face.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: I am going to try and stay away from reading the news for 24 hrs. Anyone want to bet how long I actually last?

I am not a betting woman but I say less than 6h.

And holy crap Junely, six years? I'd be luny from the stress of Not Knowing What's Out There by Year 2.

Then again, I'm in that minority of people who would like to know exactly when they're going to die, not to avoid it, but to plan accordingly.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score
I've managed to avoid the news for about six years. So obviously it can be done.

Morning folks. Woke up early with bad dreams. Set to do some writing today.

Wassup?
30 minutes until I get off work. Then I gotta be at the other job at 2.
*wakes up with smibbles in her hair and generally looking like hell*

Urgh. I had chills all night, even though it was not below 20 degrees inside or out, figured they'd go away in the morning, it took me 2 hours to fall asleep... and I woke up with chills. And I still have to go to my appt or I'ma be in trouble. Shoot me in the face.
Can't. You live in Canadia.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me this afternoon :gone:
Done and done.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
... What did you do to get yourself bedridden? I are you okay?
I fell over while getting out of the shower... yes, I'm just that clumsy. Anyway, now my leg is in pain so I can't really do much walking without it hurting like Hell.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I am not a betting woman but I say less than 6h.

And holy crap Junely, six years? I'd be luny from the stress of Not Knowing What's Out There by Year 2.

Then again, I'm in that minority of people who would like to know exactly when they're going to die, not to avoid it, but to plan accordingly.

It's the Knowing that gives me stress. The world outside my mountains is a terrible, scary place.

And I'm not too worried. When the country goes flooey, it won't affect Appalachia; being ignored and/or dismissed by the rest of the country can be useful at times. We'll just sit back and enjoy our garden food and our venison, while the rest of you flail and mourn.

:evil

ETA: "you" being a general term. Of course the Cantina is exempt. When the balloon goes up, come find us. You can sleep in the barn loft, which is sooooo cool!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Huh. That doesn't sound so scary then. If I weren't so terrified of hot weather...

Speaking of news, how the &%#@ do the OccupyMARINES admins post so prolifically? I only hit up facebook about once a week, so every time I do if I wanted to catch up completely I'd have to read 78646487638623187 posts. I know there's a bunch of them, but still, like, holy cow. Every time I see that, my novel looks askance at my idle hands and calls me a bad mommy.

Yes, my novel totally has eyes.

It talks.

Shuddup.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me this afternoon :gone:

*crosses fingers* Erm... What are we crossing our fingers for?

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Don't die, RA! You might be the only one who remembers all the lines fr various musicals when the aliens invade/zombies come/virus strikes!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
junely, it occurs to me that not watching the news might be a good idea. I mean, all the crap that actually worries me (ie, climate change, overpopulation), is stuff I actually can't do much about.

But news also contains info I can work with. So what I really need is a filtering system, so I can still be informed, but avoid all the stuff I can't do anything with.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
junely, it occurs to me that not watching the news might be a good idea. I mean, all the crap that actually worries me (ie, climate change, overpopulation), is stuff I actually can't do much about.

But news also contains info I can work with. So what I really need is a filtering system, so I can still be informed, but avoid all the stuff I can't do anything with.

I stopped watching the news when a friend of mine was killed in Iraq. It just hit too close to home. I started having nightmares and panic attacks.

Now I read the local paper, and more news-friendly buddies will send me links they think I'll be interested in, like the passing of Neil Armstrong. But beyond that, nothing.

It's nice. Like you, too much of it is out of my reach, and hugely frustrating, so why torment myself? And, to my endless delight, I don't have to listen to the ridiculous posturing and sabre rattling between conservative and liberal!!!! Good riddance to that particular rubbish!

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I can see this being fairly popular given that we are 3:1 female:male.

True. But some of us come already pair bonded. I couldn't really face the end of the world without the Hubby! Who else would whinge about there being no more Cincinnati Reds games? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.