How'd You Find This Site?

Ling

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through a link on an Irish writing forum I was lurking on today.

Phantasmagoria

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site using good ol' Google some time ago, looking for writing communities; I've been a bit shy about posting until now (strangely more shy online than IRL).

BudBoxer

All Write By Me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
philcomer.blogspot.com
I can’t remember how I found site; it was SO long ago. Last August. I registered but had NO permissions. I could read but not post. I could change my own profile, but that’s it. I wrote and wrote for help to no avail. Repeatedly I asked, “Is anyone there!?” Then, after not trying for a month, yesterday I logged in. Again, “No privileges” at the bottom left – as always. In desperation, I attempted deleting myself. Start over as a virgin newbie, I thought. Then a miracle! I suddenly had permissions to do anything except post attachments! I’ve been a “registered member” since August but can now make my first post! (I’m sure whatever it the glitch was my own failing.) Hallelujah! Hello world!

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, someone called Aki F. on Yahoo Answers recommended me here after answering a writing question of mine.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
Not sure. It's hovered at the edge of my awareness for a long time! But it was probably at Making Light or Writer Beware.

Justin Swidzinski

thanks for the welcome

Hey there, I am in need of success really, Contacts, Brilliant people that recognize thier own. I want to sell poems, Ideas for child literature and brain growth. generic self descriptions are A gift all I need is your name. lets see where this trails destination. see ya up there

Dijoh

Registered
Reaction score
I googled Writers forums and this site came up. Not had time to have a look round yet, but it looks fantastic. I'm setting aside a couple of hours today to find my way around!

Di

Renee Collins

Plotting . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Website
midnightmeditations.blogspot.com
Before sending out a query letter, I always Google everything I can about the agent. So, naturally, AW kept popping up. I came to crave the information provided by everyone here. Now, I won't send out a query before checking the agent out on the Bewares and Background Check section.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site the same way Renee did, the water cooler kept popping up and before long, I would type in an agent's name and then 'water cooler' to see what everyone had to say about them :)

schreiben

Registered
Reaction score
The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

honestly, by accident! i was looking for some sites that would help me improve my writing and here it is! it's a good accident, though :)

the threads are overwhelming! i hope to get a hang of it soon.

vipsue

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.viptraining-stables.com
How'd You Find This Site

I found this site by doing a Google Search on a completely different topic and saw the link on one of the sites that I looked up. It was obviously meant to be as I have been writing poetry for the last couple of years and joined a local writer's group. This looks like a great forum for writers of all kinds!

http://www.viptraining-stables.com

Ruskin Drake

Registered
Reaction score
A writing friend of mine recommended this site. Hasn't disappointed me yet, and I've been here for a whole day. ;)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I had been actively looking for a writing forum but didn't like the ones I'd found, so I gave up for the time being, and began googling for info on audio book markets. One of the first sites to come up was this one ( http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91500 ), I read the thread, liked the thread, joined the forum :)

jdkip

I write and I am
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jdkip.com
I was searching on Google for writing jobs and your paid writing thread came up. But then I looked around and found so much more.

This is a great sites. Thanks.

j.d. kip

dawn_meadows

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dawn-meadows.blogspot.com
I found this site when someone mentioned it on a NaNoWriMo forum. I clicked through and bookmarked the site, but didn't have the chance to actually explore until after the dust had settled from Novemeber. Glad to be here.