XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if it was a scifi/fantasy thread on a different planet, tumbleweeds would be exotic and alien.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tumbleweeds? A SciFi/Fantasy thread? The horror!

violent-smiley-006.gif

What makes you think Tattooine didn't have tumbleweeds?

:D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fine, but I'm pretty sure there was tumbleweed to be found in Firefly somewhere.

I shall have to rewatch them now, just to be sure.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Good morning cantinas :Sun:

It actually looks like this today. It's really cold again though, so best to look at it through a window.

Tea anyone? I've still got some bread left as well, but you might want to warm it up first.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
10s!!!

Morning. I was beginning to think I was surrounded by tumbleweed there. How's it going with you today?

Ali!

Same old. Working, working, working :) I hope to get my work done by 8pm tonight, so I can prepare the council meeting for Thursday afterwards, and prepare my big New Client Meeting for Wednesday, too. This week is going to be madness. Work, meetings, doctors.

You?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Flying visit to say hello. My parents are as I write this about an hour away from landing in Chile, there to take a cruise round the tip of South America via the Falklands to Rio, then to fly home. Jealous, me?

Meanwhile, over in the fast lane, I'm writing a Doctor Who DVD review and will take time out to see Red Dog at my local cinema this afternoon. Sian, have you seen that one?

Latest writing project is to reluctantly change The Plague Years from first present to first past. Version 2.0 is proceeding at glacier pace, considering the Angry Robot submission fortnight is two months away now.

Not much happening here in the south, but at least it's not subzero like it was last weekend.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good idea, Bos. Lend me your dvds when you're done?

Hello Eye. Have you heard of In Darkness? It comes out in Chicago this weekend. Apparently Philly never gets the good stuff. Stupid Philly.

Morning folks. Frightful woke me with her I Laid An Egg song. I am going to grandma's today so I shall bring it to show off. It's the simple things in life that matter.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, Junely, you need to teach that woman a lesson. Maybe with fire.

Morning folks. Spent yesterday afternoon wedding shopping for a friend and helping her pick a dress. She picked a lovely one in the end, but now I need to get something to wear for her wedding as well. Hmm.

This could either be incredibly cool or incredibly sucky. I hope it's cool.
I'm going with cool, for the simple reason of: "From the director of V for Vendetta".

Clean floors are for people who insist on looking down.
I like your thinking. I like it a LOT.

it's so quiet in here! Where's that tumbleweed smiley when you need it?
I believe Bos is the Keeper of the Weed.

Wait. That could be misconstrued...

Whut up gang?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take some tea. And bread. And June's preserves.

Pumpkin cake anyone?

And Ali, maybe keep your money in your pocket. Theres plenty of blogs and such. If you want plotting and such, try Jim Butchers blog.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bos definitely keeps weed. Sheep love more than grass.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Eye. Have you heard of In Darkness? It comes out in Chicago this weekend. Apparently Philly never gets the good stuff. Stupid Philly.

I hadn't, but one of my Facebook friends (a fulltime film journalist) has seen it and will be reviewing it. I seem to remember he liked it. As much of it takes place underground I'm told it lives up to its title! It's out in the UK next month.

Agnieszka Holland is a good director. For another film by her on a wartime theme, try Europa Europa which she made in France.

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need to get netflix :)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I believe Bos is the Keeper of the Weed.

Wait. That could will be misconstrued...

Fixed that for you.

Morning Psycho, tea?

Hey Fen, you ever heard the saying 'people with tidy houses lead boring lives'? I have it tattooed on the inside of my eyelids. Woo Hoo! on the egg.

Oh and morning eye too. Don't want you to feel left out there.

I have a fresh tea here, and more bread than you can shake a stick at, although if someone could persuade the washing machine to sort itself out, that would be handy.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'll take some tea. And bread. And June's preserves.

Pumpkin cake anyone?

And Ali, maybe keep your money in your pocket. Theres plenty of blogs and such. If you want plotting and such, try Jim Butchers blog.

Pumpkin cake? Ooooo, *drool*

Jim Butcher has a blog?????? The world goes past me again. *Sounds of investigating*

Oooo, that looks good. Thank you for saving me money Fen :Hail::Hail:

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning all of y'all who live East of me. :)

Waking up with neck and head pain isn't the best but I think a nice hot shower will help these strained muscles.

And I'll totally take some of that bread off your hands Ali. :D

I've got some honey nut cheerios to share if anyone is interested and hot chocolate.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I've got some honey nut cheerios to share if anyone is interested and hot chocolate.

I'll pass on the cheerios. I think that headache I had the other day was sugar withdrawal. I'd been eating a lot of sugar for the past couple of weeks and I'm trying to cut down. I'll take a hot choc though. I could just use one of those.

I went outside just now to cut some garlic and leek leaves and the ground was crunching with frost under my feet.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'll pass on the cheerios. I think that headache I had the other day was sugar withdrawal. I'd been eating a lot of sugar for the past couple of weeks and I'm trying to cut down. I'll take a hot choc though. I could just use one of those.

I went outside just now to cut some garlic and leek leaves and the ground was crunching with frost under my feet.

Oooh, hot chocolate. Now you're making me get up and make some!

No frost here. We're back to in-between weather here; too hot for coats, too cold for shirt sleeves. The newsmen are promising an inch or two of the Bad Word by tomorrow morning; I SO hope they're wrong.

Ditched church this morning; I was up to three in the morning last night. So I overslept, and now I'm writing, and craving hot choco and toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.