How'd You Find This Site?

A. M. Peterson

Rewriting chunks of first novel.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a writing friend whose manuscript I was critiquing, and she recommended this site to me, and told me about some of the awesome writers, beta readers, editors and agents she'd met here.

RunningWithScissors

Registered
Reaction score
Big Boards, pretty glad I found this place, I've been searching for a decent writing message board for a little while and most of the other ones I looked at were dead.

fleamailman

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
"...well I remember now, it was when I stowed away of the prion mothership just trying to avoid my relatives over christmas..." explained the goblin, continuing casually "...yes, this site was in their data log base to be more exact, under "strange human perversions ", next to highly top secret bit about their government infiltrations here..."

restraint.jpg

fleamailman

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
the goblin here, had to confess that he had landed here from elsewhere, saying "...well, I can't for the life of me understand it then, I mean I set the coordinates for "intellectually awe inspiring writer's forum for old farts please" and just turned up here instead, oh well mishaps do happen I suppose..."

tardis.jpg

sfogle

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I got here but I'm not sure of a lot of things lately. I never knew finding an agent would be such an ordeal. I am reminded of the quote "the lazy never started and the brave died along the way". It took me twenty years to write my first manuscript and probably that long until I find anybody to read it. I'm not sure I have another twenty in me. Thanks for the opportunity to talk to someone.

junestarr

Registered
Reaction score
I was on Teens Who Write for Teens and I saw Kody Keplinger mention it. : )

MiloMinderbinder

Registered
Reaction score
Reading Twelve Mile Limit by Randy Wayne White. The MC is supplied with a drug (Sodium Morphate) by the CIA to kill some bad guys. The drug is supposedly undetectable, the effects will resemble a heart attack, and is banned by a 1927 International Convention.

It didn't ring true. I googled "Sodium Morphate". The first result was a discussion on AWC and I learned that the drug is entirely fictional.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
I was prancing down the yellow brick road...and...actually, I have no flipping idea! I was swimming around trying to find info on a particular publisher (who turned out to be a vanity publisher) and here I am! Glad to be here!!!

Irrelevant

you must be somewhere in London
Registered
Reaction score
Website
letswar.tumblr.com
I was always here.

Always watching.

... No but seriously, I came from teenagewriters.com, which I would thoroughly recommend to anyone, any age (despite the misleading title). Their slight problem is that they are incredibly unwilling to welcome potential publishers and agents onto the site, content within their own little bubble, so while I am primarily active there with posting and critiquing, I am using this as a portal to more serious literary endeavours. Without sounding too pretentious.

Kyra Wright

Skulduggery and haberdashery
Registered
Reaction score
I can't entirely recall. Someone on another message forum linked to AW and Preditors and Editors, which is how I discovered both, but I don't remember which message forum. :eek:

FluffBunny

Disapproving plot bun disapproves.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Third burrow on your left. Your other left.
I was googling for information on a (non-writing/publishing related scam) and the Writer Beware site popped up. That site led me to Preditors & Editors and that, in turn, led me here. Synchronicity at its finest! :)

crumly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...
I'm also new. I found this site because I was checking out a agent.(Writers Literary Agency) Bad! Bad! Bad! And this site came up. Thanks for being here. It warned me about this agency before I hired someone to critique my book. They were so believable. I sent my entire manuscript to them.Does anyone know if they can steal it now?

mulcahy67

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
this was in the 2010 Writer's Digest Yearbook thing that i read in the top 100 websites for writers section. i forgot after i signed up though, as im involved in a lot of communities, and was recently reminded of it in the new Writer's Digest Basics i got, where this was listed in the top forums.

so, twice reminded.

Courtney Fishell

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.courtneyleighcreations.com
Found this place because I am looking to get published. Actually, my sister found this place for me. She's helping me get more involved so I can learn about being a writer. We found this place because we were trying to find out more about an agent, who had been discussed in one of the threads.

Looking to learn a lot :)

LBD

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya! Still learning how to navigate the site. Heard about it from QueryTracker forum.