Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
And now for the latest episode of As The Sister-In-Law Burns.

She drove her mother nuts last night. After surgery, the woman was starved. She hadn't eaten then entire night. They didn't bring her food til 630.

My SIL wanted to feed her. Because, you know, it's hard to feed your self when your 68 years old with a broken leg. I mean really? Plus she kept arguing with her mother in what order to eat her food. She wanted her to eat the veggies first. Then the chicken last.

Then instead of going to work, she stayed home and decided to call lawyers to sue the store. Set up two appointment's with different lawyers to come to the hospital. Didn't bother to ask if today was good for the mother or to make sure that there was no charge for the consultations.

Ton of other stuff, but basically SIL thinks she should be in charge of everything now.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Family.

Can't live with them. Can't find anyone to help you hide the bodies.

My grandfather died Tuesday afternoon. Of his four natural children, only one even made it to his side to say goodbye. They have four days warning, and live less than a two hour drive away.

After his funeral, I don't care if I ever see a single one of my step-uncles again. As far as I'm concerned, they are no longer family.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Family.

Can't live with them. Can't find anyone to help you hide the bodies.

My grandfather died Tuesday afternoon. Of his four natural children, only one even made it to his side to say goodbye. They have four days warning, and live less than a two hour drive away.

After his funeral, I don't care if I ever see a single one of my step-uncles again. As far as I'm concerned, they are no longer family.

Huge hugs :Hug2:

I think this happens in every family at some point. My mother's brother did this [with both his parents, at their passing]. He also missed the memorial service for his mother [my Gramma], because there were no more items he could 'obtain' from her estate. :Wha: :(

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Myrea, but your post makes me wonder if his natural children had a strained relationship with him for some reason? Most kids go to their parents' funerals when they die. If they don't, that's usually a big red flad that some kind of hurt happened somewhere down the line while they were growing up.

For example, I won't be attending my father's funeral...because he was not a nice guy.

Just curious as to more of this story...

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
That happened when my wifes Grandmother died. She had lived with my wife and I for years until the dementia got so bad and she had a few strokes that she needed full time care. Her two sons fought for control when she went into the nursing home so they would have control of her finances. They weren't happy that my wife was spending Grandma's money on medical stuff and not saving it for their inheritance.

When she died, neither one of them showed up. 1 of them lived 2 blocks from the cemetary. We flew her back to Florida to bury her. Her friends, many of whom were late 70's or even early 80's managed to show, but her own sons?

Must have been a game on.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
That happened when my wifes Grandmother died. ...

When she died, neither one of them showed up. 1 of them lived 2 blocks from the cemetary. We flew her back to Florida to bury her. Her friends, many of whom were late 70's or even early 80's managed to show, but her own sons?

Must have been a game on.

Yup, there's at least one in every family. :(

hugs, Vince :Hug2:

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe so, pd. We've got a couple of those in my family.

See, your problem stems from the fact that you're not taking that statement literally.

:evil

That is quite possibly the most utterly I have ever agreed with Boston. I hope this never happens again. It makes my skin crawl.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Huge hugs :Hug2:

I think this happens in every family at some point. My mother's brother did this [with both his parents, at their passing]. He also missed the memorial service for his mother [my Gramma], because there were no more items he could 'obtain' from her estate. :Wha: :(
Yeah.

And they are the ones getting the lions' share of his considerable estate. His original will had everything split evenly among his kids and my grandma's kids. At the time of my grandmother's death, that would have been well over a Million each. But his sons badgered and badgered until he agreed to cut my mom and her bother almost entirely out of the will.

After the will was changed, they were suddenly too busy to visit their father any more.

What I don't understand is that he was a good man. He took care of his own parents until his mom died at age 102. He helped out with family and friends whenever he could. His daughter was the one who helped us take care of my grandmother when she was ill. How did such a good man raise one wonderful daughter and three such asshats for sons?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah.

...What I don't understand is that he was a good man... How did such a good man raise one wonderful daughter and three such asshats for sons?

Yep, we wonder that in our family too. One of those great/horrible mysteries in life :/

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Howdy.

It's Friday.

Leaving early to see a doctor about my knee.

Which means no break for lunch.

But I get out early. I'll take it.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I went and saw my doctor about my knee a few months back. She said it was slightly swollen. I put heat on it like I'm supposed to from time to time, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.
:/

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And....

Morning Reppers!

Today is my last day of winter break.

coffeeandpaper.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.