Poetry Foundation

Amelia23

Registered
Reaction score
I have a website that publishes poetry. It sounds like a good place to publish, but I am wondering if it is one of those- "Too Good to be True" type places. Had my fill of those. I have a friend that is wondering about this place also. Have any of you tried this place or heard anything about it? Cant seem to find it on Predator and editors.

Here is the link:
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/submissions.html <mailbox:///C%7C/Users/Harley/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/58gw6e6j.default/Mail/Local%20Folders/Inbox?number=2019092346>

Thank you so much for any information you can send my way. We really appreciate it.

Amelia23

ajc

What do I know?
Registered
Reaction score
Umm...if you get accepted by "Poetry" you are doing very well. It is well-respected and pays.

JRH

practical experience, FTW
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowpoetry.com
Amelia,

That is the website for "Poetry Magazine", probably the most prestigious and one of the better paying Poetry markets out there, but it's extremely hard to break into, is heavily biased towards modern poetry, (as opposed to Traditional Poetry featuring rhythm and rhyme), and has an extremely restrictive policy regarding previous publication, considering anything appearing on the web that is not protected by a password as having been published.

It is probably one of the 3 best markets, (along with The New Yorker" and "Atlantic Monthly") for establishing oneself as a "Marketable" Poet. and is well worth going for.

Jim Hoye, (JRH)