3 in 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletrunx

Limited by talent
Registered
Reaction score
Rejections, that is.

I think I'll have to write something else, as this book is going nowhere fast. I fear the plot is just a bit too generic. With the staggaringly low chances of ever getting taken on as a first time novellist, I'll need something which jumps out more.

*sigh*

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Keep trying. Fountainhead was turned down something like 18 times, and that's just one example. And, yes, keep writing while you're waiting. I know it's discouraging...but feel triumphant in that you are submitting. That's a step in the right direction that some never take.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Bummer. Especially when they all seem to come at once. Sometimes it feels like a conspiracy. chin up!

Adam_Atlantian

The Mighty Alexander!
Registered
Reaction score
Never give up. For every book there is a publisher. That's what i tell myself all the time.

Mike Coombes

Guru
Registered
Reaction score
Website
writers.ktf-design.com
Adam_Atlantian said:
Never give up. For every book there is a publisher. That's what i tell myself all the time.

No, that's not true. For every GOOD book there's a publisher. For the rest there's PA.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
Trunx, I once got thirteen rejections in one day for five different things. I eventually sold all five of them.

Are you focusing on the UK market or the US one or both? Are you being rejected by agents or by publishers?

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't get discouraged. I've got way more than 3 rejections, an author friend of mine said he got 'PLENTY' of rejections before he was finally published and now he's got at least 5 books under his belt.
Trust me ...sometimes I want to throw in the towel but I read somewhere 'the difference between an published author and an unpublished one is perserverance.:e2BIC: :e2BIC:

Status
Not open for further replies.