How'd You Find This Site?

Luc2

Registered
Reaction score
AW was mentioned a few times on the online critique group I'm a member of. And Dmytryp invited me to check it out, so I've browsed through the site a few times. It looked good, so now I decided to join.

kathyhermy123

Registered
Reaction score
Heya!

I just found it now by searching in google 'grammer, spelling and plot editor needed'. So now, I have to figure out what this site is for! I'm just kidding. ;)

Kathy

Frenchclimax

I was looking for some critics about "how to make a movie in 21 days" on google and find a thread on this board.

spriggan

I too was just surfing the internet looking for publishing companies when I came upon this site. :)

jowaydev

accidental find

The first time I found the water cooler was an accident. I was looking around the net for information to improve my understanding regarding the policies of PublishAmerica. I had begun to feel a little uneasy about some of their procedures regarding publishing, promoting and royalties. Finding a link to the water cooler blog on "why I don't recommend PublishAmerica", which is linked to the water cooler, was a happy accident. The more I read and checked the more concerned I became. Seeing that others had similar concerns was both unsettling and reassuring. Now the statement that, "The reality check came in the same envelope as the royalty check." is fully verified.

I need more input regarding options to help avoid the deceptions and excessive costs of publication. I can see even now that PublishAmerica is charging me for services that they are not performing. I am considering voiding their contract and finding a new publisher. I would appreciate any information from other authors with experience in this sort of thing, particularly any who have themselves managed to void the contract with PA and found a new and less expensive publisher. A company who engages in deceptive practices will not deal fairly.

Last edited:

Keyan

ubiquitous
Registered
Reaction score
I was brought here by a Clarion 2007 classmate. Most of the time we're in a private room, but this seems a great place to explore.

OlliesGirl

Registered
Reaction score
I found you when researching WL Writers Agency (by whom I escaped being scammed by w/in an inch of my life). . .now I'm sad and bummed and looking for comfort. . .sniff.

Chameleon

I less than 3 you!
Registered
Reaction score
if i tell you, will you promise to stalk me?
I was searching for an active writing forum. I used google. It gave me a couple of websites ---but nothing compared to how active and diverse this forum is. I think I found this about a week of just randomly googling and researching about the process of writing.

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, 'bout 2 years ago, I needed advice regarding agents 'to be or not to be agented'. Put in a particular agent's name, and WELLAH! I was directed here. Shocking. :)
But it wasn't until this past summer that I really found my nitch...nich...er...'space' here, a gaggle of buds, and the best-damned-time-EVAH!!!
*sniff* I love you guys....

Nope...haven't been sipping on the sly over at the Cabaret....*sniff* nope, that's SOOO not Capt. Morgan in my espresso....more like Jack Sparrow, but that's another captain and story altogether.... :e2file:

mountain sage

I was just another fool that thought he could write looking up agents on their own sites until I found one that had none. This was the first link on Google and the "Bewares and Background Check" had such scathing comments about the person I was looking up (I don't even remember whom) that I checked the rest of my list against this site. I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can find here.

On an unrelated subject: Inked09012, the word is spelled "niche".

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I don't like this website ... any more!!
:cry:
That's so sad!

Edited to Add:
By the way, I never contributed to this thread because it was so far in the past that I'm not sure. :D I'm pretty sure I came here because of the Neverending PA Thread (the original one :D), but I had heard of the site before. So maybe I had visited the board before, but stayed because of that thread. Isn't that pathetic? :tongue

Last edited:

Wraith

The demon in your inkwell.
Registered
Reaction score
By the eternal laws of the Internet, of course that googling for a writing forum got me nothing as huge & busy as this site, but luckily I stumbled on it in a list on some other God-forgotten writer's site. So anyway, I'm glad I'm here. I'm a complete noob at the moment, but I'm ready to browse the jungle of AW :D :scared: