Meeting with alumni magazine!

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
I just got a phone call from my alma mater inviting me to come in for a meeting next week to discuss possible writing opportunities for the alumni magazine! I'd sent them my resume a few months ago, but had forgotten about it until I got this precious call! :D :D :D :D :D (Imagine me doing a happy dance)

I hope it's OK I'm posting another accomplishment; I don't want to get people annoyed! ;)

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
No one gets annoyed when good things are happening to people! It gives us warm fuzzies and also hope that good things happen out there in the big wide world. That's great news!

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love hearing good news - don't you dare stop posting! Writers need all the hope they can snaffle. Good luck with the meeting!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Way2go and congrats, Freckles. Ya can't have too many accomplishments and like Amy said we like you!

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, too bad I didn't.

(Oh, wait. That's not true. I still am going to school. One class every 5 years or so. I can't wait til I graduate! <can somebody hold my cane while I take my diploma from the dean?>)

ltd.

piscesgirl80

Friendly Neighborhood Fish
Registered
Reaction score
I hope it's OK I'm posting another accomplishment; I don't want to get people annoyed! ;)

Freckles, don't be silly! We're thrilled with all the success you've been having lately.

Of course, if you got a book contract, movie deal and were nominated for a Pulitzer in the same day, we might get a wee bit irritated. ;) (Kidding.)

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
What a wonderful moment in your writing career, Freckles. I really hope it materializes for you. GOOD LUCK! :D

Sury

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Of course we're not annoyed, silly! That's what this board is for! Please do keep us informed of the great things that are happening to you, they inspire the rest of us to keep plugging away!

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Just breathe deeply and be prepared. You'll be awesome, Freckles, I just know it!!

And keep us posted, incidentally.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Whew, it's over! I got the assignment...a 1,000-word piece on the university's chimes that sound every hour.

Now all I've got to do is figure out how to write 1,000 words on that. Ideas?