• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Curtis Brown, Ltd. (USA)

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Received a very nice rejection today from Sarah LaPolla on my full (sent 12/9/10). Frankly, I was surprised and delighted that she even requested it (an excerpt was in the Bakers Dozen Auction over at Miss Snark's First Victim and she placed a bid on the manuscript) since it's a middle grade novel and she doesn't appear to solicit those. Anyway, I couldn't have asked for a nicer "no."

Best of luck to others who have things out with Curtis Brown!

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ginger Clark on 1/10/11. Received partial request on 2/3/11 :)

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Ginger Clark posted this on Twitter yesterday:
Authors: I am caught up on emailed queries received before 11:59 pm on January 29th, 2011.

And this:
Except for one author, I have responded to all partials/full manuscripts that were sent before 11:59 pm on 1/22/11.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. I sent mine to Sara. Wonder if she's caught up too.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks LawlessLara, but unfortunately, I'm not far enough along with this agency yet :) Just at the query stage and waiting for that response.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's (some of) the stairs to get to the top of Diamond Head Crater in Oahu. I took the picture because I wasn't sure I was going to climb them (I had just had to take my inhaler after the first set of stairs), and I wanted to document why I was stopping if I didn't make it. I did actually get to the top, though.

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Sarah LaPolla on Jan 30, rejection on Feb 5.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Sarah has my full as of Feb 4th. We met at the WD conference at the end of January and she requested my full.

I was wondering if she always asked for fulls from queries (which, even though it was in person that is basically what that was) but it seems some were people asked for partials. So is a full a good sign? Just curious. Don't worry, I am not getting my hopes up too much and I have a few other agents with partials. =)

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score
Sarah has my full as of Feb 4th. We met at the WD conference at the end of January and she requested my full.

I was wondering if she always asked for fulls from queries (which, even though it was in person that is basically what that was) but it seems some were people asked for partials. So is a full a good sign? Just curious. Don't worry, I am not getting my hopes up too much and I have a few other agents with partials. =)

Sarah originally requested a partial, when I queried her. so she doesn't always go straight for the full.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
She asked for my full from the query, but I'd included a couple of sample pages.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I queried WAY back in January and haven't heard. Judging by the fact that people receive rejections, I'm thinking mine didn't make it through to her. I'll resubmit.

jessicaberry

Registered
Reaction score
Website
momandclosetwriter.blogspot.com
It's so great reading everyone's post! No one understands what I am going through so it helps to read about all of your experiences!
EQ (Sarah) on 1/27 and on 2/3 I got request for the full!! The 4-6 week time frame waiting on her response is resulting in lots of chocolate eating and nail biting! So thanks for the support!
~Jessica
Follow my blog:
http://momandclosetwriter.blogspot.com/

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long Ginger Clark typically takes to respond to equeries?

I know she's a no response agent, but I was wondering how long I should leave it before I consider it a no response? It's just that there's another agent at Curtis Brown I would love to query and I don't want to be querying two agents at CB at the same time... ;)

I equeried Ginger on 8th Feb 2011, so coming up for one month ago now.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, follow her twitter feed. Every so often she'll say that she's read through such and such a date and that if you hadn't heard from her it's a rejection.