Polished Novel, Sent out Query, Full Request!

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Wow...I feel so good right now. Last night, I finished the last few changes on my manuscript and sent out two queries. That felt good enough. My peice was finally ready for submission. I got up this morning to see that one of the great agents I sumitted to replied in under two hours, requesting the full manuscript. Ha, I have a 100 percent request rate right now. WOO HOO!

Saundra Julian

A work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing your edit and keep sending out those queries.
Good Luck!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Meggie, that's wonderful!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!

I have a list of 30 or so agents I want to submit to. What do you guys think of submitting three queries at a time, sending out another one when a rejection arrives? That way if I get feedback early on, I can change it before sending it out to more people, or I could change my query.

Penguin Queen

Break the rules.
Registered
Reaction score
Cardiff. Berlin. Mars. (One day.) Buenos Aires, so
Website
www.herrad.net
Provrb1810meggy said:
I have a list of 30 or so agents I want to submit to. What do you guys think of submitting three queries at a time, sending out another one when a rejection arrives? That way if I get feedback early on, I can change it before sending it out to more people, or I could change my query.

That sounds like a good thing to me. I'm currently sending stuff out to agents, working my way through the Artists' & Writers' Yearbook*, and I have about five letters out there at any one time, which makes the rejection slips ever so much more bearable. One comes back -- off into a new envelope with it, a new letter printed, and straight back into the post it goes!

* My request rate currently stands at one in ten. You beat me hands down. :D

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Megan!! Woo-hoo! That's so awesome-- let us know what happens!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
i'm so happy for you! and good strategy to stagger those queries. worked for me so far re: requests.

c9893

I really hope you get your book published. If it's Vivian Beck forget it. She asked many people for their full manuscript just to deny them.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
Reading about your success is very encouraging to a clueless novice like me. Congratulations.