england by way of california

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
hello...i'm new! feel i've done it a bit backwards because i jumped into the poetry section before introducing myself properly to the message board. nope not the people..just the actual message board. haha. so my friend who is an amazing YA fiction writer sent me the link to this forum since i've been in a creative slump for the better part of 2 years and been aching to break out and get some new inspiration. so here i am...

my name is sara...elizabeth is my middle name but i couldn't be just sara because there was already a sara and i am tired of putting numbers after my name. so middle name it is this time 'round. i live in london and i'm desperate to be naturalised and be english which is my dream. i'm from california and i abhor it. for the most part. in general. usually.

so. yes. hello!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
greetings and :welcome:

Deccydiva

Back from the dead
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: I'm very surprised to hear that someone should prefer England to California. I left the UK with a sense of great relief! ;) Horses for courses...

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
I appreciate England more now that I'm away from it. It's a great country to visit - a must for a writer of YA historical fiction living in a country where a hundred years is very old.
So enjoy AW.

Chrisla

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Sorry you abhor California. I love my part of it, in the northern Sierra Nevada foothills.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
So umm...what part of Cali are you from? Cause umm...abhor? That's harsh. Are your parents from Cali as well or were they imports?

Welcome, from one abhor-ish girl to another! huh?

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW , glad you found a place you want to call home.

SaraElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
So umm...what part of Cali are you from? Cause umm...abhor? That's harsh. Are your parents from Cali as well or were they imports?

Welcome, from one abhor-ish girl to another! huh?
i was raised in los angeles and i went to uni in san francisco. it might not have been so bad if i had learned earlier not to befriend rude and evil people. but they sort of tained my whole...life. so unfortunately for me california is bereft with bad mojo. so i tend to steer clear! plus my mother lives in california and living as far away from her as possible...can only be a blessing.

i do however...miss in n out, MEXICAN FOOD (oh man i SOOO miss proper mexican food), the beach, PCH, the redwoods, palm trees, etc. if i could take california and remove the people who bother me i'd probably quite enjoy it!

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Wait, you left California to come to the Land Of No Bloody Summer?

You're loopy - so you're an honourary Brit already :)

welcome38gk.gif

Juliette Wade

Interprets for aliens
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talktoyouniverse.blogspot.com
Welcome, Sara! Sorry California wasn't good to you - you'll have to make a clandestine date with the redwoods sometime when nobody's looking. But I bet England just rocks. I hope you enjoy AW.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
i was raised in los angeles and i went to uni in san francisco. it might not have been so bad if i had learned earlier not to befriend rude and evil people. but they sort of tained my whole...life. so unfortunately for me california is bereft with bad mojo. so i tend to steer clear! plus my mother lives in california and living as far away from her as possible...can only be a blessing.

i do however...miss in n out, MEXICAN FOOD (oh man i SOOO miss proper mexican food), the beach, PCH, the redwoods, palm trees, etc. if i could take california and remove the people who bother me i'd probably quite enjoy it!

Well, see! It's not Cali that you hate, it's the snobbish, evil, turds that you left behind that you hate. I'm glad to hear it. ;)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Sara! Sorry California wasn't good to you - you'll have to make a clandestine date with the redwoods sometime when nobody's looking. But I bet England just rocks. I hope you enjoy AW.

If I could live in Bridget Jones's apartment, eat blue soup, have a "Mark Darcy" in my life, I'd live in the UK.

wacker

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Sara (same name as my wife) You are in the right place to get those creative juices flowing once more.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.