Reaction score
1) don't burn yourself trying to find out

2) "little" problem? ;)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The "problem" is little. Not the...well....

*Blushes*

I bet you say that to all the girls.
icon11.gif

astrodragon

New Dragon; thinking about coffee
Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting this mental picture of a scruffy, furtive guy in a trenchcoat looking around then going *pssst* as he opens the coat to show lots of little pockets comtaining incandescent bulbs inside....

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Thanks. I googled again just now. Still can't find anything that will replace 100 watt for less than $49.95.Here's what I mean. http://www.agreensupply.com/100W-Replacement-LED/ I found some for around $20.00 but they don't compare favorably - or at all - to a 100 watts incandescent. I think I'll try the local stores again because of what you said about your leds being so bright. I need to see one lit up somewhere, so I can judge for myself. :)

I'll will them to you. :D
100 watt? Why so weak? For reading I need one of those 3-ways that get up to 250 or 300 watts and none of the new fangled mini-Florescents or LED lights even come close. Makes me think whoever got rid of incadescents doesn't read!

Once a couple of months ago I found a 450 watt bulb! I thought I was in heaven until I got home and realized it wasn't a standard size socket. It was bigger. I cried.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i had a little fender bender last week--okay my whole damned front bumper fell off and i was the only car involved, but that is neither here nor there. the insurance adjustor came to my house to do the estimate. there were papers to be read and signed. i had to put the papers up to my nose --couldn't read them. i switched on a lamp--still couldn't make it out. finally i had to lead the poor guy into the full blazing afternoon sun, it was 104*, so i could read and sign the thing. i kept sweating that he was going to ask me where my glasses were. my g-daughter stepped on them a couple of years ago and i've never bothered to replace them because i do pretty well, all things considered. thank gawd he didn't ask me if i was wearing them at the time of the accident. i don't lie any better than i see fine print--s6

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I cry too

I understand, Porter. I'd cry if I were you too.

i had a little fender bender last week--okay my whole damned front bumper fell off and i was the only car involved, but that is neither here nor there. the insurance adjustor came to my house to do the estimate. there were papers to be read and signed. i had to put the papers up to my nose --couldn't read them. i switched on a lamp--still couldn't make it out. finally i had to lead the poor guy into the full blazing afternoon sun, it was 104*, so i could read and sign the thing. i kept sweating that he was going to ask me where my glasses were. my g-daughter stepped on them a couple of years ago and i've never bothered to replace them because i do pretty well, all things considered. thank gawd he didn't ask me if i was wearing them at the time of the accident. i don't lie any better than i see fine print--s6
:ROFL:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, shakeysix, you've got to watch that fineprint. The older you get - the smaller they make it.

:D

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all you Americanese people. May your country have many, many more!!!

Does this have something to do with Depends?

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, shakeysix, you've got to watch that fineprint. The older you get - the smaller they make it.

:D

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to all you Americanese people. May your country have many, many more!!!

Does this have something to do with Depends?

On behalf of the USA, thank you, Gail.

But does it light up?
Oh ... I hate straight lines like this where, regardless of any smart-assed response, I'd be in trouble with somebody, probably Lavern or OFG ... but not SR - she'd like it.

I'm surprised that Haggis or Porter hasn't gotten in trouble yet.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh ... I hate straight lines like this where, regardless of any smart-assed response, I'd be in trouble with somebody, probably Lavern or OFG ... but not SR - she'd like it.

I had a line all thought out-- well to be truthful it pinged in my head straightaway. The I had to double check what thread I was on and realized this wasn't the erotica thread.

But hey down at the truck stop they sell glow in the dark things that make things lite up -- (this message version is rated PG)

Shawn

F.L.N

The Old Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just wanted to Intro myself. I'm Frank; new to writing, new to this site but old to everything else!. Re: the 100 watt light - I just think they are making them dimmer now, that's all.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just wanted to Intro myself. I'm Frank; new to writing, new to this site but old to everything else!. Re: the 100 watt light - I just think they are making them dimmer now, that's all.
Yo, Frank. Welcome. Pull up a wheelchair and rest yourself.

The nurses will be by shortly with afternoon meds and, perhaps a wee nip or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.