The Old Farts Bar, Grill and Infirmary

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
But I haz more evidence . . . the secret wedding photos.

282283_10150939121481624_684766623_10041924_1474987149_n.jpg

And the kids . . .

481375_10150939121616624_684766623_10041927_1817455318_n.jpg

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Actually a southpaw is a term that derived from baseball where in the standard field setup the left field is the south and anyone except for those who have been condemned to live in Michigan knows but then they started calling everything that was left behind south kind of like Dixie which also got left behind sometime in the late 1860's and never caught up because all they had to eat were cilantro and grits which is not a good thing for catching up with where it would be nice to live which is not Detroit even though I have had anscestors there since the English owned it but we left them behind too and sent them to Dearborn which used to be nice once upon a time or that is no shit depending whether you are telling the story in the childrens' room or in the mess decks on a long cruise because

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually a southpaw is a term that derived from baseball where in the standard field setup the left field is the south and anyone except for those who have been condemned to live in Michigan knows but then they started calling everything that was left behind south kind of like Dixie which also got left behind sometime in the late 1860's and never caught up because all they had to eat were cilantro and grits which is not a good thing for catching up with where it would be nice to live which is not Detroit even though I have had anscestors there since the English owned it but we left them behind too and sent them to Dearborn which used to be nice once upon a time or that is no shit depending whether you are telling the story in the childrens' room or in the mess decks on a long cruise because

Oh.

And here was me, thinking that it meant 'left handed', which I am. But that's beside the point because

:D

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i know that this morning i was bitching about driving three hours to go to my cousin's 50th wedding celebration in mulvane, kansas but, now that i am home and back in my garden clothes, i have to say that it was a good day.

there was a video of the wedding. i wasn't expecting that. my mother played the organ. she's been dead thirty years but turned around and waved. i choked up. my sister did too.

my brother was the ring bearer--he was 8 years old again, twisting on the dance floor in his tux. i was 11, a cute blonde kid in a dress that was much less scaly than i remembered, dancing with my sister and the groom who was also my 6th grade teacher.

my parents, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, i saw them all pass by in the grand march. i saw my great grandmother sitting and giggling with her six sisters. i got to see my cousin again and remembered why she is my favorite cousin.

maybe it was the bottle of wine on each table but it was a sweet/sad day. for just a blink i had my family back and everything was safe and normal. i figure only you old fogeys would understand what i'm talking about.--s6

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
*roll through the common room with the balut cart*

who's ready for breakfast?

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*roll through the common room with the balut cart*

who's ready for breakfast?
Mmm ... mmm ... balut and grits! Got any maple syrple for that? After all, bears is omnivores.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
anything you want, sir.
*hands joe porter's maple syrup*

now. what's it going to be for you, duck or chicken balut?

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
anything you want, sir.
*hands joe porter's maple syrup*

now. what's it going to be for you, duck or chicken balut?
No doubt, someone will throw something at you or me; so, I'll duck and have the chicken, thank you.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
that's a wise choice.
the duck balut is at the 21 day mark.
let's keep that between us though, ok?

PorterStarrByrd

nutruring tomorrows criminals today
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some quail baluts on some turtle baluts especially if they are from sea turtles but the flavor seems to be less intense than I rember them maybe because the PI cattle aren't doing their part as well as they used to when they got fed and it took a couple of beers to get ready for some balut even if the beer was San Miguel which is about as good as Kirin which was also there sometimes but when the nice ladies who were hostesses broke out the baluts other prices seemed to go up because maybe it takes a while to clear up you breath after a half dozen or so of those and some hibachi monkey to boot since those were the good old days when we pulled in there for a week or so to practice things we couldnt or wouldnt do at sea because

Status
Not open for further replies.