• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Hitting the Paradigm Train late... just emailed Jason with query and first 13 pages.

Brisea

Registered
Reaction score
I received a (quite nice) rejection from him ... two(?) days ago.

a.vij

Registered
Reaction score
jumped on the spin-a-good-yarn bandwagon minutes ago! jason yarn does seem rather improbable to me, more of a myth than a real person!! let's see what he says!

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
I decided not to do the rewrite Mr. Yarn has asked for. He answered my questions explaining what he wished corrected, and a part of his explanation confirmed my concern that the revision would strip the book of its individuality. He commented on the book's strong voice (positively) and then said that he liked the voice exactly in the parts he was not comfortable with and wanted re-written. Well, wouldn't it dull the book? Remove those parts = no voice left.

So, I'm not pursuing Paradigm.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Approaching five months on a full. Dang. Even new agents get bogged down immediately.

a.vij

Registered
Reaction score
jason yarn rejected my full today... sob. it was a personalized rejection, but a rejection all the same.

here's my timeline: i queried him with the first ten pages on July 18, he confirmed he'd received the mail on July 20, he asked for a full on July 24 and he rejected (ouch! the word still hurts...) me on Aug 17.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Moost, it's a busy time of year so maybe that's it? Or maybe he's getting so bogged down with subs he's no longer doing that?

Just to throw out more info on Jason, I've got nothing but great things to say about him. He requested my full in April and gave me an offer in August. Although I ended up signing with someone else, it was a tough call. He seems like a great guy and has a wonderful eye for editorial stuff.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query Alyssa Reuben? I queried her on 9/2 and am curious about her response times.

querytracker.net is a good place to find response times. For Alyssa, her median response time is 61 days, with a range of 7 to 73 days.

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just e-queried Mr. Yarn-I think I have "query high."

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone query Alyssa Reuben? I queried her on 9/2 and am curious about her response times.

I queried her over the summer - query sent 6/10 and a very nice response (R, but nice all the same) on 7/30. So, it took a little while.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
He has my full mss. right now. I will let you know how it goes. So far my experience with Jason Yarn has been both courteous and professional.

Good luck to you all!

jennibly

Registered
Reaction score

I queried her on July 1st and got a request for the full ms on September 10th. Then I was out of town for a funeral and forgot to respond so I just got another email from her today asking for it. I'm so embarrassed about letting it slip by. :eek:

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm a little late to jump on the Yarn bandwagon, but I tried anyway. We'll see how it goes.