Grateful lurker turned new member -- hello!

AshAragon

AshAragon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone -- Been sniffing around here on and off for a long while, snatching up good advice and fresh perspective from all the smart and generous folks here. I'm a pretty closeted writer, so it's new for me to join a community and actually share what I'm doing, but I figured it's about time. This forum is fantastic, if a little daunting at first. Also a great way to procrastinate. As evidenced by my rambling first post.

Anyway, thanks for having me and thanks to everyone whose posts have helped me so far (and there are many of you). Glad to be here.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome back to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Week thread at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

kenthepen

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Look around, get to know some people. Take your time.

Now that you're de-lurked, post so we can get to know you.

AshAragon

AshAragon
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, all. And thanks, JVC, for the recommendations. Will do.

TheSteph

New Fish; Learning to Swim
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! There is a lot of talent and experience here. Come on out of the closet and join us!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
welcome. It does seem huge and overwhelming here at first; I remember thinking that a year ago, but now it seems like a friendly small town full of eccentric characters. ;) Glad to have you here.

One of our members just asked for recommendations on post-apoc fic to read. I see you're an expert on this, so feel free to recommend something to her.

Last edited:

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Ash!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

CALVIN M

Registered
Reaction score
AshAragon. Welcome to the AW Water Cooler. Where anybody can look cool in short pants. I'm even wearing socks with sandals. See...nobody cares!. So have a great time writing and critiquing here...and oh by the way since your the newest one here...it's your turn to change the water jug.

AshAragon

AshAragon
Registered
Reaction score
AshAragon. Welcome to the AW Water Cooler. Where anybody can look cool in short pants. I'm even wearing socks with sandals. See...nobody cares!. So have a great time writing and critiquing here...and oh by the way since your the newest one here...it's your turn to change the water jug.

No problem - that's one talent I'm proud to say I've mastered. The trick is speed and confidence.

Two elements, now that I think about it, that are sorely lacking in my writing.

AUthoress

Living my dreams.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I too am hoping to come out of my shell and share some work--it's nerve-wracking, isn't it?