Clarify a UK pubs guideline for a Yank: what's "ring bound"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonardK

Registered
Reaction score
If a UK publisher's guideline requests delivery of an MS "ring bound", what exactly does that mean? I can imagine these alternatives:
  1. Three-hole punched and bound with metal snapping rings
  2. Continuous spiral of wire through a couple hundred small holes on the edge of the paper
  3. Plastic comb through a couple of dozen larger holes on the edge of the paper
  4. Something else I'm missing?
Furthermore, would a UK publisher be object to US Letter sized-paper? Should I search around for A4?

Thanks

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If you go to a stationary store they can sell you binder rings, like shower curtain rings (in fact I am currently using some as shower curtain rings, as it happens) but metal and in a range of sizes. Stick those through the holes. They are like the thing in ring binders but without the binder. Probably they *are* what you call snapping rings--but I don't know that term.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
This is a bizarre instruction I've never seen before. The only format I'm aware of that is supposed to be bound in any way is for Screenplays. I'd ask for more specific instructions.

caw

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I'm British and I'm not quite completely sure what they mean by ring-bound. I'd probably put everything in a ring-binder like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.