Woman seeks SFF fanatic for evening chats... (SFF chat returns in February)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

After much discussion with the powers that be (Pthom and CT, ofc) we've decided to resume the SFF chat on a weekly basis. We will hold it every Thursday at 9pm EST. Global convenience is hard to achieve, but that has been established as the best time for most.

Now, what we need is another person to keep the chats running smoothly and help keep me sane. Prepare topics, etc. Not a big commitment, but a very set one. I'd like to do every other Thursdays and find someone else to fill in the remainder.

Here is the very important list of requirements:

Someone needs to (ahem) organize it.

Needs:
1) Coordinate with chat room ops to set up the topic, beat the rabble rousers into submission and so on. The most useful chat room ops for these events are, Pthom and ChaosTitan. Amazing, huh?

2) Come up with a topic for discussion. This is similar to how you've organized the book reading. (note: Pthom means the monthly book study that I'm running) Only more frequent. :D

3) Be there to greet folks immediately prior to the event, to help direct the discussion and to thank participants once it's over. (The chat session should last about an hour, but in the past it's petered out at the 20-minute mark, or lasted hours.)

4) Keep a log of the chat and edit it so that it can be posted for those who missed the event to read, if they want.

5) cookies

6) punch

:D

sirensix

Mediocre Sorceress
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! Can I help? I have nothing but time on my hands and need something to do other than stare at blank screen that is supposed to have words on it. I'm good at organizing stuff!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! That was easy.

You must now think of a few chat topics that will be awesomesauce. And spend time in the bar. See the old chat thread (linked in the ToC) for a few previous topics. See the post that's almost always at the top of the forum for the bar.

Anyone else keen? We can be a committee :D

PS- Dibs on the topic of plots in fantasy. Oh, and we need SF topics. I should have mentioned that in post one. Can you do SF?

sirensix

Mediocre Sorceress
Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about sci-fi other than being addicted to Battlestar Galactica. :( I could be of help in coming up with fantasy topics, but you may need someone better for sci-fi.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I'll sign you up under fantasy. I could use all the help you feel like providing plotting the first chat so it runs smoothly :) Or idea storming good topics. Anything.

Woman seeking SF fanatic....

Not that all chats need to be distinctly SF or Fantasy. I'm sure there are some mixed topics we could discuss.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ooo Baha I luvs the SF! And I have Thursdays off. I would love to help.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Perfect. You are in charge of the 12th. How's that?

sirensix

Mediocre Sorceress
Registered
Reaction score
I will show up the first Thursday to help keep things moving, and if you need me to do anything between now and then send me a PM explaining what's needed and I'll get right on it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.