Not open for further replies.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
Horses are awesome. Most of them aren't mean. But yes, they know how to exact revenge for perceived slights. :D
Great. An all new reason to fear horses. :eek:
I never consider myself afraid of horses, because I'm not around them often enough to be reminded of it. But when I get around them, I feel it. They are SO massive (except ponies, obviously). And their teeth are HUGE!

I'm supposed to take someone on a horseback ride this summer. *bites nails* I've been putting it off for 2 years. But I know it's one of those experiences every kid should have a chance at, you know?

I tried to sip my coffee just now and missed my mouth completely. Instead, I poured coffee all over the cat resting in my lap.

So, it's going to be that kind of day...

(Morning, hounds!)
Is is Monday where you are? :tongue

:Hug2:This sounds like something I'd do.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great. An all new reason to fear horses. :eek:
I never consider myself afraid of horses, because I'm not around them often enough to be reminded of it. But when I get around them, I feel it. They are SO massive (except ponies, obviously). And their teeth are HUGE!

I'm supposed to take someone on a horseback ride this summer. *bites nails* I've been putting it off for 2 years. But I know it's one of those experiences every kid should have a chance at, you know?

Heh. Don't worry. Just don't piss them off :D

Horseback riding is awesome. Have done it for yeeeeeeears. Only met a really mean horse once in all that time. Usually, they are super friendly, they aren't predators so they're never looking for a way to get atcha.

Also, usually, the horses you hire for horseback rides (or rather, the ones that they give out to people without experience) are SO used to it they won't set a foot or tooth wrong :)

curio

giving writer's block the stink eye
Registered
Reaction score
Is is Monday where you are? :tongue

:Hug2:This sounds like something I'd do.
Sure feels like it so far. And then tomorrow I'll have to do it all again...
morningcoffee.gif

Aww! Hope your cat is a forgiving beast. :) *hugs*
He didn't even run away! Maybe because of the creamer in the coffee? He probably wants more.

And hi there, Ted! Stupidity indeed on the DUI's. So dangerous. I knew a guy in college that got them often enough that his roommates stopped picking him up at the police station. He ended up doing some jail time later, too, though it was for something else. (Lots of bad checks, I think.)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, usually, the horses you hire for horseback rides (or rather, the ones that they give out to people without experience) are SO used to it they won't set a foot or tooth wrong :)

*seconds this*

Horses at places like that are generally the easiest going of the bunch. All you really have to do is sit right, and follow the people in front of you.

Cowboy-smiley.png

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
*seconds this*

Horses at places like that are generally the easiest going of the bunch. All you really have to do is sit right, and follow the people in front of you.

Cowboy-smiley.png

SOME of them! The last trail ride I went on my horse thought it was amusing to flip the reins so one went over his head and both ended up on the same side. He did it several times over the 3 hour ride. Apparently I just got a feisty horse.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hey! I'm a good rider, I was taught by a champion bull rider from the age of 6 on up! Plus, I made friends with the horse. We hung out and shared a meal together before the trip and he was very sweet... just feisty as hell.

Oh, and FWIW, going downhill on a horse is scary as hell. And it really hurts your gendery bits.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Really? I'd love to see PA and upstate NY someday. South Dakota has its own beauty, but you need to know where to go to avoid the hours on end of prairie grass. :) There's an incredible bird sanctuary just east of Aberdeen where I grew up. You can go and see thousands of birds, all varieties, on this big man made lake. When they fly it looks like a huge cloud of birds. I love it there.

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
Bos, I love that scene! I remember being a kid and see that and wanting to get a bull whip. But, nobody would let me, so I took a stick and tied some rope to it and made my own. I had that thing cracking so loud people thought I was setting off firecrackers.

I still need to get me a bullwhip, though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is the Prairie one of those things that, at first it's awe-inspiring and grandiose, but then eventually it just becomes monotonous and boring?

Like say the corn fields of Illinois and other places in the Midwest?

:D

Parts of my home state are absolutely gorgeous, as is NY. And there's a lot of wilderness in the middle of both states. More so than most people realize.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I need a giant kick in the backside. I had a rare free evening today and I've been wasting it on the internet.

Please motivate me? :(

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been to Hershey.

I would plan other things to go along with the visit, if you're going to make the 15 hr drive.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.