XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Holy cats, gais! You were BUSY in here today! I'm off to make some cakes (I hope... if the man remembered to bring my marshmallow fluff when he brought my groceries). Try not to use up too many more pages before I get back! I have to backread all of this, you know! ;)

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Aauuuugh it looks like I underestimated the travel time it'll to me to get to the reading party I was invited to. I have about 30 minutes to be showered, dried, dressed and gone, and that's if traffic and bus reliability are on my side.

But. I just realized I totallY HAVE to tell you guys about the dream I had last night/this morning because it was jawdropping.

First off, it was sort of implied that the backbone of the health care system, such as it were, consisted of High Fantasy-style travelling healers, but equipped with modern-day medical knowledge and supplies. "I" (or at least, the POV identity of the dream) was one of them.

And treating a dude for a concussion, he complained extensively about a pounding headache. To no end. Drove me nuts. So I set up a regimen of mild pain meds and left his next dose by the bedside and that was that.

Except that among them was a huge dose of diphenhydramine. I mean seriously, this pill was the size of a multivitamin. Yeah. Sleep aids. For a fresh concussion. :eek:

But it gets worse. What did I give him that was actually for the pain? Ibu-effin'-profen. Yeah. After a blow to the head.

Obviously the "I" character was trying to kill the guy... For complaining about pain. And a relative stranger too.

Glad it was just a dream.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
:gaah :cry:

I hate myself sometimes, I really do. Here I finally have a story that, a) I actually think is good, b) Actually has enough substance to it that it could fill a whole book, and c) I'm actually motivated to try and write, but now?

Let's just say, reading best-selling and universally-acclaimed fantasy novels is not good for my self-esteem. It just makes me think "there's no way I'm as good a writer as this, ever."

Plus I need to work out background details too. A map of my kingdom, the capital city and the Royal Palace, Temple, and Military Barracks contained therein, mainly.

But yeah, mostly right now it's the "I'm just not good enough at writing" brand of self-doubt that's clinging to my mind like some hideous Shoggoth that hates me in a really passive-aggressive way.

Like the others said: Write it anyway.

It's always important to remember what you're reading in print has been through revisions. Your first draft isn't going to be nearly as good as your polished, finished product. Even those books you admire likely didn't start as perfect as you see them in their final versions.

You won't ever know how great your story can be if you don't put it on the page. :e2writer:

I have to go try on dresses today. I'd almost rather jab out my eye. :(

Still better than bra shopping, yes?

My characters are driving me a little crazy. In the midst of plotting out the sequel to my WIP, it seems my female MC is starting to crush a little on the new male MC, which wasn't supposed to happen. Her affections already belong to someone else, even though he's 3000 miles away and she doesn't think he shares the same feelings for her. And that particular male MC is going to show back up. I really don't want this turning into a love triangle. I hate them.

Maybe it's a good thing. One of the troubles of long-distance relationships is the wandering eye and desire for physical connection. Maybe your female MC never acts on these affections, but has to internalize the struggle to remain loyal to her far off guy.

I'm not feeling super enough for a super name. It's release week at work. :cry:

I want a super name, but, like you, am feeling less than super at the moment. :Hug2:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not feeling super enough for a super name. It's release week at work. :cry:

:Hug2: You could be Medieval Seige Weapon Gal. Only I prolly misspelled seige. I blame night shift.

Done and updated. :D

And thanks for the hugs, etc. Glad you all like my oddballery.

Of Dooooooom!

:)

Not the very, very best ghost story about a horse though - the one which stands on the stairs (the freakin' stairs) of a stately manor is the finest example of reality being ten times more awesome than anything people could come up with.

Who what? Tell me more. Please.

Aw. :Hug2:

I'm hoping to be a sidekick with an ever-lasting teapot.

You're hired. Dont forget the horse sized mug.

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiding from mountain trolls. Do you smell fish?
Whoo, it's been an exciting afternoon. Almost got in two accidents, nearly scraped the side of a work truck because he was being an idiot and driving over the line, and ran a red light in the middle of a busy intersection.

I'm glad to be alive.

ION: I have a new cat! Let's hope she was worth the trouble...

And I need name suggestions, because my husband and I are brainless in that department. Out male cat is named Moon and he's solid black. This new one is a medium-haired female orange tabby.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Whoo, it's been an exciting afternoon. Almost got in two accidents, nearly scraped the side of a work truck because he was being an idiot and driving over the line, and ran a red light in the middle of a busy intersection.

I'm glad to be alive.

And I need name suggestions, because my husband and I are brainless in that department. Out male cat is named Moon and he's solid black. This new one is a medium-haired female orange tabby.

Glad you're in one piece.
Cat? Marmalade, but that might be a bit obvious.

I realized I interact with customers too often when I could easily spell inconvenience. I completely understand, Ali.
Thank goodness I am not alone.

Now, do I want a chocolate spread sandwich?

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Soleil. Or just Sol or Sun. X3

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com

I'm glad to be alive.

Yay for new kittehs! :D How about Mango?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from the dentist, and guess what? I have a cavity. :cry:

No, you're not being held hostage.

You can leave anytime you like.

We don't recommend it because...well...bad things happen.

But you're not, in any way, shape, or form, being held hostage.

Not at all.

Here--have some of this Kool-Aid...

Yeeeessssss. Drink the Kool-Aid....

Is it blue raspberrry lemonade?

Maybe it's a good thing. One of the troubles of long-distance relationships is the wandering eye and desire for physical connection. Maybe your female MC never acts on these affections, but has to internalize the struggle to remain loyal to her far off guy.

You're probably right. She and the far guy aren't even in a relationship. It didn't get any further than, "Oh, I think I like this guy," before she had to return to the States.Then there's the fact that she doesn't think she'll ever see him again. And in all honesty, the new guy is pretty awesome. I just hope he isn't going to outdo Mr. Far Off. He is the MC is the first book after all. Guess I'll just have to see where it goes.

I'm glad to be alive.

First, people suck at driving. I was rear-ended a few weeks ago. The bumper is fixed, but now I just found out that it caused a crack in the exhaust system that was overlooked by the auto body guys. Grrr! :mad:

As for the cat, congrats! For a name, what about a celestial theme? Mars? Mercury? Star? Comet? Nova?

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
It just makes me think "there's no way I'm as good a writer as this, ever."

Repeat after me, until it sinks in: 'I am f**kin' awesome. I am f**kin' awesome.' Try not to torture yourself that you're not one of the greats (yet). They had to start somewhere, too.

CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP]*

Am I the only one who already *had* a superhero name? Hmm... (I am SUPER STICK ANDE! Dun da da duuuuh! My trusty blue sidekick, Bobert, and I fly 'round Cambridgeshire looking for wrongs to right and bad guys to :flamethrower and :guns: ...)

Still better than bra shopping, yes?

Getting your fingers eaten off one by one without any anaesthetic by toothless zombies whilst tied down with barbed wire and listening to Raffi is better than bra shopping...

This new one is a medium-haired female orange tabby.

Frances - Franky for short. :)

ION: cakes are done baking after an emergency trip to the shop because my flour had bugs. :eek: Euuuugh! I've lived here for 7 years and I've NEVER had flour-bugs! It was horrible... now I have to bleach everything in that cupboard and probably throw out my massive collection of herbs and spices. That sucks. :( But...I did get the flour and it was enough to make two small cakes for a layer cake and one large cake to cut in half and turn into a layer cake. I made marshmallow frosting and have fresh strawberries for decoration. om nom nom! :) Even better, the cakes rose properly this time. :) Yay!

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Repeat after me, until it sinks in: 'I am f**kin' awesome. I am f**kin' awesome.' Try not to torture yourself that you're not one of the greats (yet). They had to start somewhere, too.
I am f**kin' awesome. I am f**kin' awesome. I am f**kin' awesome. This could take a while.

ION: This is officially the best day ever now that I've seen the hottie from my avatar shirtless in a shower scene. Wowza. ;)

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Glad you're in one piece.
Cat? Marmalade, but that might be a bit obvious.

Soleil. Or just Sol or Sun. X3

Yay for new kittehs! :D How about Mango?

Frances - Franky for short. :)

So many names! Thanks everyone, I'll run them by DH and see what he says. :D

First, people suck at driving. I was rear-ended a few weeks ago. The bumper is fixed, but now I just found out that it caused a crack in the exhaust system that was overlooked by the auto body guys. Grrr! :mad:

As for the cat, congrats! For a name, what about a celestial theme? Mars? Mercury? Star? Comet? Nova?

Bad auto body guys suck. My car keeps going in to the shop over and over again and the problem still isn't fixed. No idea what the problem even is, but it makes driving the car worrisome. As for driving, I'm a sucky driver too. One of the near misses was entirely my fault. I was still wound up from running that light that I cut in front of someone.

And I love the celestial theme. I just might run with that. :D

Last edited:

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
If I was a bigger nerd than I am, I'd suggest buying one black cat and one white one and naming them "Tui" and "La." Bonus points if the black cat has a white spot and the white cat has a black spot. :D

Shoestring

Junior Space Janitor
Registered
Reaction score
Moon had a gray tabby sister named You, but she got sick and died overnight. No idea what happened.

My last two cats were named Marco and Stewart (who was a girl). Then I had Carrot, Beef, and Tater. Gateway was my Siberian Husky, and he was a nutcase. Couldn't keep up with him, he had so much energy. Then Sydney was my first cat, but she turned psycho on us and we had to get rid of her.

Reservoir Angel

Registered
Reaction score
I had a friend once (not any more, for reasons of him being a prick and a pedophile) who had a legion of pug puppies, all named after members of the original Enterprise crew from Star Trek.

Sulu was my favourite.

unruley700

save us from sleep and what we are
Registered
Reaction score

One vote for Lucifer.
People get naked pretty much all the time :D
Then yeah, you can stay.
Super-flatulence would be awesome...
I was born with that one.
I have to go try on dresses today. I'd almost rather jab out my eye. :(
Hasn't your eye been through enough? Jeez, Bugz, torture another body part.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Yo.

Grumpy Blah Kricket is grumpy and blah. Have not been sleeping well for the last couple nights for various reasons. And couple that with bad dreams about losing my teeth (explain that to me please) and I'm just not my self lately.

But I shall make Mr. K get me unhealthy food and I'll get some stuff done when he comes home. That will make me feel better.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Bad auto body guys suck. My car keeps going in to the shop over and over again and the problem still isn't fixed. No idea what the problem even is, but it makes driving the car worrisome. As for driving, I'm a sucky driver too. One of the near misses was entirely my fault. I was still wound up from running that light that I cut in front of someone.

The worst part is, that this place is affiliated with my insurance company. They're going to have to reopen the claim. Lord knows how long this will take to resolve. All I know is, I'm not paying the almost $400 bill for the repairs.

Yo.

Grumpy Blah Kricket is grumpy and blah. Have not been sleeping well for the last couple nights for various reasons. And couple that with bad dreams about losing my teeth (explain that to me please) and I'm just not my self lately.

This might give you some explanations.

http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Ask and ye shall receive.

And only because I less-than-three you.

Are you tired of the humdrum name given to you by your Earth-parents? Bored with titles like, "Mister" or "Miss" or "Defendant Number One", especially considering you can fly or run faster than light? Wish that someone, somewhere offered a service to spice up your life with a name reflects the super-awesomeness of your newly acquired super-strength?

Well you're in luck! We here at CM Enterprises Inc, LTD, LLC are here to help with:

CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP]*

That's right, gone are the days of dull, uninspired names given to you at "birth". Instead, our team of highly trained experts** offer full-service, one-on-one counseling to re-brand you with something that befits your recent "re-birth".

Able to leap tall buildings in several bounds? Why not take the name "Jumping Joe" for a test drive?

Does your freeze-breath stop crime, and hot men, in their tracks? Sounds like a job for "The Frost Queen".

Suddenly find yourself able to see through walls? Never fear, "The Gawker" is here!

Yes, with just 7 easy installments of $34.99 (plus tax and S&H), you too can go from boring old "Josh" to zippy new "The Snakeitnator". But don't take our highly paid super-model spokespeople's word for it. Just listen to what our highly-paid, moderately satisfied customers have to say!

"Falling into the vat of disgustinly radioactive waste and gaining the power to defeat criminals with the eloquently written word was the best thing that ever happened to me. Sadly, no one would take 'Junely' the superhero seriously. That's when I called CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP]. Three weeks later, Appalachia is crime-free thanks to my mightily weilded pen of justice!" - The Adverb Avenger (formerly "Junely")

"Being able to roast criminals alive with the Power of the Prism granted to me by my ancestors from another dimension was always a blessing, but trying to convince people that 'Shoestring' meant business was tough. But with the help of CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP], nobody laughs when The Power Pixie shows up! Thanks, CM Enterprises Inc, LTD, LLC!" - TPP (formerly "Shoestring")

"So, anyone wanna get nekkid, smex up Ed, and kill off MCs?" - The Poarn Princess (formerly "10s")

"No one says 'neigh' to me anymore!" - The Ghost Horse of Doom (formerly 'Fen')

"I aim to misbehave." - Miss Behavin' Raven (formerly "RT").

"Uh, that wasn't me." - The Flatulent Kid (formerly "BW").

"Get that damn mic out of my face or I swear to all things holy, I will bash your [expletive deleted] face in." - Lady Shovel (formerly "Hillz")

CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP] Helping you choose your super name has never been super-easier! Call today! Operators are standing somewhere nearby. We think.

DISCLAIMER: CM's Sooper-Dooper Name Factory[SUP]TM[/SUP] and its parent company, CM Enterprises Inc, LTD, LLC, are an equal-opportunity organization, meaning we also assist super-villains. Not responsible for retaliation against loved ones due to your crime-fighting profession. Do not feed after midnight. Remove before flight. Floss.

*A division of CM Enterprises Inc, LTD, LLC.

**And by "highly trained" we mean they hang out at comic shops. A lot.

Someone hug Cobra for me. Quick!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

:Hug2: this is where they need a tacklehug smilie. This is AWESOME

Oi! How come I don't get a superhero name? This is what I get for spending the morning in P&CE isn't it?

Huh, I've got to check what happened there overnight. I think I was participating in canvo there before I went to sleep.

Same thing, but from the front?

If that was the case, I'd start to seriously wonder about what the pub was serving :p

Yo.

But I shall make Mr. K get me unhealthy food and I'll get some stuff done when he comes home. That will make me feel better.

:( bad dreams are awful - I hope you get some sleep soon, and that your food is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.